What's new

Recent content by voxelman

1. voxelman

UI proposal - feedback requested

As with all UI overhauls be sure that user adoption is optional. No, I am not kidding. Whatever your good intentions, I have invested thousands of hours learning to use the software like it is. The devil you know is always better than the one you don't. Sure some of the dialogs aren't...
  2. voxelman

Vault and Windows 10

I think the key here is that you maintained a sequence of vault updates through the various versions of M-Files and were savvy enough to get updated license keys. I tried to use the latest version of M-Files but in spite of my having checked in all of my files and the restore seeming to occur...
  3. voxelman

What's everyone favorite 3D printer

Dittos for the Original Prusa i3 MK2S kit from Prusa Research. I received mine in June and had been experimenting with an Anycubic delta bot style printer prior to that. The Prusa has just been revisioned to Original Prusa i3 MK3 and the improvements are worth waiting for. See the announcement...
  4. Back View of Equatorial Mount Assembly

Back View of Equatorial Mount Assembly

Uses low-cost stepper motor driven by Arduino electronics, metric hardware and standard inline skate bearings. Designed in Alibre Design exported to SLA file format. Sliced in Prusa version of Slic3r. Printed in PLA filament on an Original Prusa i3 MK2S.
  5. Spur Gear and Frame Print Detail

Spur Gear and Frame Print Detail

Designed in Alibre Design exported to SLA file format. Sliced in Prusa version of Slic3r. Printed in PLA filament on an Original Prusa i3 MK2S.
  6. Stepper Motor Mount Detail

Stepper Motor Mount Detail

This was print as a part of the frame. Designed in Alibre Design exported to SLA file format. Sliced in Prusa version of Slic3r. Printed in PLA filament on an Original Prusa i3 MK2S.
  7. Front View of Equatorial Mount

Front View of Equatorial Mount

Designed in Alibre Design exported to SLA file format. Sliced in Prusa version of Slic3r. Printed in PLA filament on an Original Prusa i3 MK2S.
  8. 1/4-20 Camera Mount Detail

1/4-20 Camera Mount Detail

9. voxelman

Vault and Windows 10

I realize that this thread is long in the tooth but the answer to your question is to uncheck the "Use Alibre Vault?" check mark. I just encountered this issue with Alibre Vault crashing after a Windows 10 computer upgrade. Looks like it is back to Windows 7 Professional for me.
  10. voxelman

Constraints give over-constrained error

I don't know when this became an issue but I'm pretty sure that it was after 3D Systems took over the product. I've seen this in extremely simple drawings and it seems to occur most often after I have applied dimensions to a circle that I want to constrain to a line or vice versa.
  11. voxelman

One thing that I'm seeing is that I can't perform a tangent constraint on a circle that is locked even though the line segment that I am attempting to constrain isn't constrained in any way.
  12. voxelman

I'm also seeing this error. Thank you for providing a repeatable example for the developers to use for debugging.
  13. voxelman

Helical Boss gives unexpected SWEEP_SELF_INT error

Thanks guys, that was just the dose of local talent that I needed.
  14. voxelman

Helical Boss gives unexpected SWEEP_SELF_INT error

I'm attempting to model a simple spring with closed ends. Even after making adjustments to the start and end condition settings I still get a Self Intersecting Surface error. If I change the closed spring from Flat to Natural settings no error but not what I want. Any suggestions are greatly...
  15. voxelman

Is 3DSystems Ingoring Suggestions for GMD?

I find that bug reports receive a more timely reply when I provide careful documentation typically including an example that will quickly allow the problem to be replicated. I have about 40 years in software development related work and I can tell you that developers show very little initiative...