What's new

Recent content by z28tt

1. Z

Alibre 2012 on Windows 10 64 bit

Did you ever get it working? I'm in the same boat... Just installed on the new PC to get the license re-activated, and nothing happens after double clicking the exe, even when run as admin.
  2. Z

Fulfilling My Wishlist One Thing At A Time

That is HUGE wishlist for me. Sucks when you do something on a plane, and then need to move it elsewhere... A.
  3. Z

Low End Laptop

I've got something similar - HP DV9207, CompUSA special back in May of '07, about $800 after rebate. Has a 17" widescreen monitor with NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600 256mb graphics and 1 gig ram on Vista. Runs Rhino4 no sweat, and has run Alibre in the past no problem. I figure anything current w/ a...
  4. Z

Drawing template

You need to insert a text label (under the sketch tab), not notes (under insert>nnotations), for it to show up. Why have two things that do the same thing? I don't know, but that's how it is. Andris
  5. Z

V11 User Guide Release Date?

There's a link on the downloads page that points to: https://www.alibre.com/download/UserGuide.aspx, but that only shows up to V10.0.
  6. Z

How can I make this very simple (?) part

Glad to help. It's fun having a quick project to get the juices going... Is there any way to do a save-as for a different version? I'm using V11 here as well. Andris
  7. Z

How can I make this very simple (?) part

I extruded two circles, and created planes just past the OD and ID of the circles. I then drew the triangles on the new planes, made the isosceles with equal contstraints on the two legs, and set the OD base width equal to: ODPlaneOffset * pi (for circumference) / number of splines. Then set...
  8. Z

Reinstalling ALGOR

I'm trying to get Algor to work now as well... Called them, had a new license file emailed, save-as into my existing Algor model folder, and then ran the install (downloaded from Alibre's website V22.1 I believe). Chose "have a license", and continued, but it didn't work. Did the license setup...
  9. Z

mirror feature in sheetmetal

I've got some parts that are pretty symmetrical that are made in sheetmetal. It'd make life MUCH easier if I could mirror tabs, like in part modelling. The tabs I pick don't show up in the mirror feature box. :cry:
  10. Z

Unbelievably slow trimming

I've had the same thing happen. This was the first sketch in a new drawing, and I have the most current Nvidia drivers for my 7900 GS graphics card too. Sometimes closing Alibre would fix things, and if not, rebooting the computer. <shrug>. Memory wasn't maxed according to the Vista Performance...
  11. Z

circumference staying the same on shape change

If you're looking to drag a shape into something organic, you can sketch a circle, and then sketch a spline on top of it. Then drag the spline control points around to make it fit whatever you need.
  12. Z

Project cylinder step backwards in V11

Project cylinder step backwards in V11 In V9/10 (iirc) I used to be able to select a cylinder side (not the end caps), and project it as a rectangle on the sketch plane. In V11, I now have to zoom in, find the edges, select, project it as two parallel lines, then make lines connecting the end...
  13. Z

Help: Old Files Non-Editble in V11

Do you have it checked out in the Vault? If it's checked IN, then the vault tells Alibre it's read-only. If you checked it out, you can edit. Andris
  14. Z

Can I keep my repository function?

If you migrate the repository to the vault, it creates a project for each repos folder, so you can still go about it the same way. You just select the file directly from windows (M-files shows itself as a mapped drive in file explorer). I don't think V11 allows access to the repository at all.
  15. Z

Vault Structure

What if you make a copy of a file in the vault, or do a save-as? Still has one file pointing to two different entries, or would there be two files now in the vault? A.