What's new

My first post here

Dr.Yes

So I'm new to Alibre and loving it. I do see one change that would be useful. I'm not sure if this is the place for this but here goes. I'm using an image to trace over but am finding it very hard to hide the image in order to check my accuracy. It seems to be a very hit and miss when looking for the proper drop down. I'm using the tree but keep getting a drop down not containing "hide". Maybe I'm not doing something correctly but it shouldn't be this hard. Honestly speaking I should be able to click in the work area and access hide from there.

Cator

Alibre Help

Hi @Dr.Yes and welcome to the forum!
As you can see from the guide, simply click on the eye and remove the visibility. You can also set the level of transparency of the image.
I advise you to include in your signature the Alibre mode you use (Atom, Pro or Expert) and the version, it will be easier to help you now and in the future!
I wish you the best,
regards,
Francesco

Dr.Yes

Yes I'm seeing the eye. Apparently I need to be in the correct mode for the eye to have an effect, I guess, I'm not sure why sometimes it works and other times it fails. I've been able to get it to work more often than not at this point.

Ken226

Alibre Super User
To expand on the advice and methods in previous posts,

From within the sketch environment, you only have the option of toggling on/off ALL of the tracing images, using the Eye button next to "tracing Images":

1712715022492.png

From within the modelling environment, you can toggle on/off individual tracing images by clicking the eye button next to each, individual tracing image:

1712715156063.png

From within the modelling environment, you can also hide individual tracing images via two other methods. By right clicking the tracing image in the design explorer and selecting "hide":

1712715277227.png

Or, by right clicking the image itself, and selecting "hide":

1712715352033.png