What's new

Search results

1. R

3D sketch loop length

Been using Alibre for a long long time. Occasionally I will have a part that gets made by tube bending. In the past I thought I had done the centerline as a 3D sketch and swept the tube profile over it, making it very easy to measure length between bend starts and overall length of material...
  2. R

model based definition STEP export?

Is there a way to retain the annotations when exporting to the new STEP 242 format? If not, are there any plans to implement it?
  3. R

Exact part placement in drawing mode

I have always guessed the zero point in the drawing and transformed the exported DXF/DWG in whatever downstream program I'm using. This is inconvenient and time consuming. is there a way to exact place a part in the drawing creation mode?
  4. R

changing sketch plane?

Is there a quick way to move an existing sketch from one plane to another?
  5. R

License Key Update

I'm getting a "this machine is not licensed to run Geomagic design" error when I open. Worked fine on this PC for quite a while. It is not installed on any other machines. Anything I can do on my end while I wait for tech support to reply to my e-mail or return my phone call?
  6. R

Sycode add ons and GeoDesign?

Has anyone got any of the sycode add ons (specifically the sketch up importer) to work under 2013/GeoDesign? It is not showing up as an add on
  7. R

Drawing- how to rotate view?

I've got a model I'm working on creating prints for. The features I need are on a rectangle that is not parallel to the x and y axis. How do I rotate the projected view so that it becomes paralell to the layout x and y?
  8. R

exporting multiple page drawings to multiple dwg

I have an alibre drawing made up of several pages that contain the profile of each part. I need to export each page as an individual dwg file so I can send it out to a cnc shop. Is there a way to automatically do this and use the name of the page as the file name? I know I can select each...
  9. R

return-to-parent type command in assembly editing?

There has got to be a way to exit a new or existing part edit while in an assembly without having to save, but I cannot find the command or button anywhere in the UI. I give up, where is it?