What's new

Search results

1. D

That triad again....

Version: 2018.1.1 64-bit [Build 19055] I haven't been using Alibre much in the last couple years, even though I kept the maintenance up, so I lost track of the triad. Thanks to your input, I guess I figured out the logic involved. At least in this new version, you need the "Component Placement"...
  2. D

RepRap Ormerod 3D Printer Kit

You're welcome. I'm having an issue with a thin section (A wheel rim center) that the printer/slicer just doesn't seem to see. I will probably have to thicken it up just to make the STL and print it. I can't seem to wrap my head around the export configuration terminology yet. The printer makes...
  3. D

RepRap Ormerod 3D Printer Kit

You can select an option for "supports" in the slicer config (Slicr3) and it will create supports (various options) for things that hang in the air. It makes you think about what orientation you want to print a part to minimize supports. Still working out some other issues, but the printer is...
  4. D

Ever heard of Nvidia Tesla super computer on desktop?

Agreed, Miles. I think that the NVIDIA tesla machine should be able to plug into the video card slot and act like a super video accelerator. It seems that would be the simplest way to implement it. Sometimes fast is good enough and we all just go back to work.
  5. D

Morning Funny (SW sales call)

Re: Morning Funny (SW sales call) I consider myself an amateur, as I only occasionally use either one. My experience with SW as an untrained beginner was definitely better than the Alibre experience, but I consider Alibre more cost-effective for my current work. If...
  6. D

ANSI Spur gear IGES? Link to library?

Re: It's peak oil time. Sprockets are more efficient than gears....;-) And cheaper, too.
  7. D

ANSI Spur gear IGES? Link to library?

Re: Thanks Dave. . . . and from there, I found Zee SPROCKETS!! http://www.3dcontentcentral.com/3DConte ... ckets.aspx
  8. D

I'm about to expire-

Re:
  9. D

I'm about to expire-

Re: LOL!! I have the same situation. My boy needed to run Battlefront (a Christmas gift from someone else that ended up costing me memory and a video card.), and now his computer is the fastest in the house. I'm in the process of...
  10. D

Am I alone?

Re: The problem with this scenario is that it requires cheap energy. It also requires the wetware to stop doing things for themselves too much. I build machines from the ground up. Electromechanical, hydraulics, machining, etc. There is...
  11. D

What are your top 3 wishes for V10?

Re: Ditto on these three, plus, that V10 be released before July 1st, since the last 'upgrade' appears to have been a performance downgrade for many people (from what I've read..I didn't upgrade yet because my computer already has...
  12. D

3 point arc

Re: Relax, sip your darn tea already. You sound like my wife dealing with the kids. I think the problem is that the third point doesn't stay defined unless it is snapped to something which IS defined. If the third point is somehow...
  13. D

Updating Drawing views

Re: I also don't like the way it saves the copies in the directory of the assembly by default (yes, I know, it comes up with a list when you save them, but I can't find out how to change these listings when saving an assembly). It...
  14. D

Hi Res is worth it some times.

Re: Hi Res is worth it some times. Are you using the 'sketch/analyze' function to check for disjointed ends? I am running Alibre on a laptop, and once I figured out the analyze function, I don't get nearly as frustrated.... All that resolution sounds really nice...
  15. D

Orientations

Re: I just try to remember it as a math problem, so that XY plane is what I'm looking at on a sheet of paper on a desk. Z is coming out of the page, whether the 'page' is on a monitor or lying flat on a desk. If I start to think too...
  16. D

Technology Help

Hi Colin, Is the position sensing of the cylinder for the reciprocating action? If so, you might want to just put a pressure switch on the line to switch when it bottoms out (perhaps with a cushioned ram piston), and a hall effect or other prox sensor for the return stroke. For power, then...
  17. D

Creating Keepout Areas on a Part - for Example a PCB

Re: color by feature would help me. For example, If I am putting a gear motor on a machine, I only detail the mechanical interface of the gearbox, but rough in the motor shape. I would like to see the motor as a different color on the...
  18. D

Toolbars - OK, Part / Drawing not there

Re: As long as you are buying parts, I recommend that you upgrade the power supply. Many graphics processors can draw a good 200 watts, and the computer may only have a 250W power supply in it. Could be drawing down the voltage enough...
  19. D

Alibre Needs a Linux Version

Re:linux v My apologies. I am not an expert on html and the forum's "quote" function 'didn't' that time. That's why I left it in one block to at least leave some confusion, rather than directly screw up who was quoted as what (and I was in a...
  20. D

Alibre Needs a Linux Version

Re:linux v The point to Open Source is to let someone 'else' do the work. What if the Linux version was a couple of versions older? Release the old source code under the GPL and let the community do the code port without some features. Just...