What's new

Search results

1. P

Building New PC - Alibre Hardware Recommendations

I will be building a new PC in the next few months, and have two questions regarding CPU and GPU for Alibre Pro 2019 and potentially Keyshot or other rendering program. My models would be small, expecting under 100 parts. As an aside, same computer may be used for 4k video editing. 1) Best...
  2. P

Alibre Pro Too Much for 3D CAD Newbie?

I have had Alibre Professional for a few years after receiving a “too-good-to-pass-up”upgrade path from Alibre PE Design. I have played with Alibre Pro (now 2019) off and on, but have decided to get serious about learning it. I have never used a 3D CAD program before, and am about as new as...
  3. P

Atom 3D vs "Professional"

I have Geomagic (Alibre) Professional which I obtained through a special promotion years ago when I purchased Alibre Personal Edition (PE). I am a home hobbyist, so "Professional" is likely overkill (but promotion too good to turn down), so my question is this. Spend $199 for Atom or refresh...
  4. P

Complete Newbie to 3D CAD - Basic Question

Hi, I have GeoMagic Design Elements v16.0.1, but never really used it (long story) and am still quite the newbie on 3D CAD anything. I am just a home hobbyist, no CNC, doing simple stuff with my small mill and lathe, so wondering if I should upgrade to the latest version of Alibre or use...
  5. P

Cubify Design vs GeoMagic Design Elements - Newbie

Hello, I am a budding machinist, with lathe, mill, etc. in the garage but need an appropriate 3D CAD software program to design parts that will form an assembly (w/motion in some instances). Not complicated stuff, perhaps a handful of parts to start with. I have a friend with SolidWorks 2013...
  6. P

Desktop Hardware for Alibre PE?

I recently obtained Alibre Personal Edition. I am also upgrading my desktop PC with new hardware. I may also eventually move to Alibre Professional, but may need another hardware upgrade by then. I am looking to understand what hardware needs I will need. Mainly in processor power. Intel...
  7. P

Alibre PE a Good Fit?

After reading posts on this forum, I quite possibly may be the greenest novice ever to post here. I am just getting into hobby metalworking and also do some woodworking. I am looking for a good CAD program to help me design various projects (very simple to a model internal combustion engine)...