What's new

Search results

1. J

I have turned something off.. Dimension pop up

Hi I can't find to where to turn it on, or remember even turning it off..... I have lost the dimension pop up that appears after you have drawn a sketch entity. It's going to be somewhere obvious I know. Thanks JG
  2. J

Reorder configurations?

Can you change the order of your design configurations in an assembly. It would be nice if they defaulted to alphabetic or even if I had to shuffle them about manually. But they are in chronological order of creation, which is not very useful.
  3. J

Download failure

:( I can't download the latest version of Alibre. I keep getting the download interrupted just in the last 2-3MB. I have tried both Chrome and IE. Is anyone else getting this issue. I have downloaded all the other components fine. JG
  4. J

Broken Helical Cut

I have a shaft with a 24 x 5 Trapazoidial Thread on it. The helical cut works fine, except that the line indicating the edge does not follow the contour of the shape and I cannot check the mass of the part. When I do I get the following error: - com.alibre.acis.ACISException: MP_FAILED: mass...
  5. J

Exporting an exploded assembly

I'm assuming there is no way to export a bip file of an exploded assembly? I'm just hoping someone knows a workaround.
  6. J

Item Not Drawn On Plane

Hi Guys I have drawn an item in my assembly for one of the tools I am currently designing. However when I create a drawing from it I cannot get a sensible projection as it wasn't drawn on a plane. How can I work around this, it is currently at an angle to all other planes? I was looking for...
  7. J

Creating a shape using an equation

Imagine a shape like a rubber ring with an ID,OD and Thickness/height. Now if the volume is constant (untrue I know), when its height changes due to compression and assuming the id stays constant as its over a tight fitting shaft. Then the OD of the rubber changes. This for my piece of rubber...
  8. J

Alibre Shell Extension causes windows explorer to crash

Hi I have just had to disable the Alibre Thumbnail shell extension as it has decided to make windows explorer crash and restart (loop) infinitely. I was suspicious that I had issues with it as I often got explorer crashing when opening folders with drawings in. Does anyone have a work around...
  9. J

Lines that should be hidden - not hidden in 2d

Hi When creating some drawings of my assemblies I get lines that are not trimmed propperly (if that makes sense). I can select the line and change its colour but I can't hide it without hiding the entire component. I have changed the colour of the offending line in the view below to make it...
  10. J

Greyed out options

I'm a little confused as to what is happeneing all the options in my assembly are greyed out, I can hide anything delete anything or even change rendering type. I hope its just something simple Here is a screenshot
  11. J

Making an item on my drawing border non printing/invisible

Hi As a default I had 'Approval Pending' on my drawing border in autocad. When the drawing was approved I would just change the layer of this item to a non printing pale grey layer. However if I insert such a comment onto my drawing border in albire I cannot figure out how to remove it...
  12. J

Creating a drawing border

Hi I am having trouble creating a drawing border. I have actually created what I want, but when I use this as a drawing template all my parts appear, and all the automatic fields complete themselves. However, none of the annotations I added to the border such as company comments information...
  13. J

Creating an exploded view with a section.

I'm trying to create a sectioned view of this explosion below. I'm evaluating the software at present to determine if it is right for ourselves, and apart from some weird issues drafting its going quite well. But I would like to create a section view of the below
  14. J

Hidden lines 'hidden' even when turned on

Hi I'm having a small issue, when I turn hidden lines on I am not seeing them, although if I drag my mouse over them they highlight. They are set to a visable colour, but are still invisible. If I export the drawing to AutoCAD they appear. This also happens with text and values in dimension...
  15. J

BOM Showing same entry multiple times

This is probably dead easy. But I am just trialing Alibre so I have created one of our new products in the tool. In the 3d assembly the BOm shows 28 items etc, quantity 4 etc.... but in the drawing I have each instance of a bearing etc as having a seperate line on the bill of material. There...
  16. J

Missing Surfaces

Hi Im just finishing evaluating Alibre, and its all going rather well. I have at the moment created a relativly large assembly and I have an issue. I keep getting missing surfaces, now the PC I was using this on was using an onboard graphics card. So I changed this for an ATI x1550 (stolen...