What's new

Search results

1. protarawizard

v21 Preview

This would be beaut. Perhaps the "tool tip" has the layout of the edit dialog itself with an "Edit" button that jumps you to (or transforms it to) the "real edit dialog".
  2. protarawizard

Walnut machine

Super impressive. Very clean design and also visually. Tidy use of 3D printing and of 3D design tool. I presume that the walnut is to feed some critter. Do let us know if said critter eventually comes to be seen to be "hanging about" at around the "drop time".
  3. protarawizard

Finding constraints for a Part within Assembly

Thanks Nate; you get the gurnsy. The "With Component" option was unchecked; checked it and all is well. Maybe a question for AlibreSupport: given that this is a fresh installation, does this mean that the default is NOT to display the Constraints folder "With Component"?
  4. protarawizard

JST: for your statement (for parts) to be correct then the image provided by HaroldL is incorrect. That is, for example, BlueBlock<1> would not have a Constraints folder.
  5. protarawizard

Sadly the "Constraints" folder entry (child to the added part) for ALL the parts (and/or added assemblies) does not exist for me. In order assist the discussion and to remove possible any side effect of old parts, old files, from old versions etc; I created an new assembly and added a part I...
  6. protarawizard

Hi Lew: I do not see anything Part or Assembly or Used-On Assembly anyplace in the menus of the opened Assembly. UPDATE: I do see a menu tree item named Features; but any attempt to ignite that to assist me has thus far failed me.
  7. protarawizard

Howdy, Have not used Alibre for a time. Have upgraded to latest. Am finding something has changed re the finding of what constraints are attached to a part within an assembly. Steps I took were: * Opened an existing Assembly that I needed to add another part to. * Needed to detach a part from...
  8. protarawizard

Introducing Myself

The attached part has an involute gear tooth modelled then duplicated into a circle to create a gear. The module and tooth count etc can be edited in the part EquationEditor to make change as required. I am told by some finikky types lurking here that the gear is close but not perfect to be a...
  9. protarawizard

Fillet bug ?

Well done Sebastian. Cudos also to Max and Michael for picking up on the concept ... very friendly and proactive ... I like that.
  10. protarawizard

Email message about legacy product?

I have it that any attempt to make files unreadable in Pro versions if created/saved in Hobby versions will make it a nightmare for Hobby lurkers here to offer up files for comment/assistance; Pro users will not be able to assist them in manner that "patches" their files. Pro version files...
  11. protarawizard

SimLab Composer adds completely new integration for Alibre

Ouch ... my apologies to SimLab team. Have now modified the original post. I was definite carrying my baggage for DST (Design Simulations) over into another organisation..
  12. protarawizard

SimLab Composer adds completely new integration for Alibre

[EDIT] Post deleted as I incorrectly flamed SimLab with the baggage I was carrying for DST Design Simulations. My apologies SimLab.
  13. protarawizard

Animation of Assemblies

Ajayre; Excellent. My full encouragement goes to you on this one.
  14. protarawizard

Number of teeth on gear

The attached AD_PRT file will allow you to model any gear size you desire. There are values in the Equations Editor (prefixed by CONTROL_) for the number of teeth, module etc etc. The Equations Editor will also display the PitchCircle size etc etc.
  15. protarawizard

How to buy in Australia

I have no association ... called him because I did not like the fixed pricing that seemed to be the only option available from the other source. The number was less; so I have decided to support that. For me (after my negotiations) the price was AUD$548 exGST. Good luck ... lets hope we create...
  16. protarawizard

How to buy in Australia

I had a talk to Michael at Applied Computer Systems. He was cooperative in matching the Alibre pricing ... FX and plus GST of course.
  17. protarawizard

Motion/Dynamics; pay DST, to do or not to do

Ok; so price is USD395 per annum for SimWise Motion Maintenance. This is way to rich for a home/hobby user so (sadly for me) I will have to let it drop. Disappointing as the loss of Motion is, I am generally encouraged with the move of the product back to Alibre; hence will hold the faith and...
  18. protarawizard

Motion/Dynamics; pay DST, to do or not to do

I see in the FAQ that Alibre have abandoned Dynamics. This is disappointing. I chose Alibre back in 2010 because the promotional hype said it had Motion. Purchased the Expert package straight up for that purpose. Found out soon enough that it did not work. Years ground by and we got dangled...
  19. protarawizard

Keyshot DEMO version?

Sebastian, the trick is to open KeyShot from within a Geomagic module. I normally do this from within an Assembly. Opening (launching) KeyShot from with Geomagic will somehow tell KeyShot to inherit the licence you got with Geomagic. Norman
  20. protarawizard

Customer service responds to "general bitching"....Fillets

If the support case request mechanism is "connected" to the development bug list number then there might be a chance of getting a response. If the development bug list is not connected then I have it the promise is empty as there is little hope of the support person matching the release notes...