What's new

Search results

1. protarawizard

Finding constraints for a Part within Assembly

Howdy, Have not used Alibre for a time. Have upgraded to latest. Am finding something has changed re the finding of what constraints are attached to a part within an assembly. Steps I took were: * Opened an existing Assembly that I needed to add another part to. * Needed to detach a part from...
  2. protarawizard

Motion/Dynamics; pay DST, to do or not to do

I see in the FAQ that Alibre have abandoned Dynamics. This is disappointing. I chose Alibre back in 2010 because the promotional hype said it had Motion. Purchased the Expert package straight up for that purpose. Found out soon enough that it did not work. Years ground by and we got dangled...
  3. protarawizard

Download of Dynamics for Geomagic Design

I recently moved Geomagic Design to a new PC. Had considerable issues getting the licence migrated; those got resolved after several email cycles with: 3dsystems@flexnetoperations.com Ok; so now I have Geomagic Design installed. How to install Dynamics is my next challenge. Could not find a...
  4. protarawizard

Arbor Press Loft of Camel Back

Hi, The attached PRT is my attempt at modelling a 5T Arbor Press. I do not usually use Loft Boss in my modelling; but got interested in improving my skills with same while trying to model an Arbor Press to which I intend to fit a ratchet mechanism. The attached model does sortof render the...
  5. protarawizard

TeamPlatform Free Plan Expiring

Hi, I got email this morning advising TeamPlatform is soon to be no longer free. Email in part read: Thanks for using TeamPlatform. We wanted to let you know beginning on April 23rd we’ll be transitioning to a paid service. In order to continue using TeamPlatform you’ll need to upgrade your...
  6. protarawizard

How to constrain a circle to an axis, point or planes pair

Would the wisdom here please assist me to find a better solution to the constraining of a sketch circle to an axis. The axis itself is defined as being at the intersection of two planes. On the block I need to "stack" a series of extruded bosses, created from sketches of generally circular...
  7. protarawizard

Bug replication on adding files into assembly

Assistance please on how to correct the following parts file and/or assembly related issue observed during add of a part into an assembly. Essentially the WRONG FILE gets added to the assembly. I have managed to break the issue down to a few simple steps and relate it to a few files and a few...