What's new

Search results

1. D

Alibre on M1 Macbook?

Thanks from me, also! I've recently upgraded to an M1 mac book pro, and am very interested in the prospects for running Alibre on it. You've definitely saved me some time.
  2. D

More options for viewing 2D & 3D designs on an iPad

Hi Ralf, The 3D PDF reader sounds fine in theory, and I grant you that it's $5 instead of $7, but in the app store 6 out of 6 of the ratings for this version say it's just not working. :( If I open ALL the user reviews, I see one reviewer commented that in order to successfully open a file...
  3. D

Correction: If turning off the ads is all you want, you can do that for only $7 from within the app! :D I didn't see the $7 option before because they didn't mention it in their options matrix. This option is called TurboViewer X. The $20 would get you an upgrade to TurboViewer Pro, which...
  4. D

A lot of Geomagic users seem to be using SimLab's CAD Viewer app for viewing their CAD designs on an iPad. I haven't tried that, so I can't say how this option would compare, but here's an alternate approach for those who might like to try it. One advantage of this one is that it's free to use...
  5. D

alibre on Mac OS (Apple)

Here's another update on running Alibre on Mac OS: As an update to my earlier comment: I'd now say Alibre works "adequately" under VMware fusion, downgraded from "very well". Every once in a while, I get some bizarre graphics issues, and one of these makes it impossible to see what I'm doing...
  6. D

alibre on Mac OS (Apple)

Neither. My macbook pro has an NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT. Another data point, in case it helps you or anyone else: Alibre also works very well under VMWare Fusion. :D Perhaps anything needing Direct X 9.0c will work well under either. I've also been doing some things with Solid Edge (free...
  7. D

Supplemental utilities for part drawings

David, Thanks to your help, I'm finally getting this to work! :D I've no idea why or how the default dimension style got set up to be something that would prevent me from entering the dimensions I need. :roll: Regardless of that, I've now set up a dimension style that allows my radial...
  8. D

Updated video tutorials

Does "Mostly Done" also mean mostly posted, or will they all be re-posted once they're all done to avoid confusion?
  9. D

David, I'm not sure I follow what you mean by holding shift while placing a dimension. My default dimension style seems to have "smart" selected as the circular dimension option, yet holding shift while placing the dimension doesn't seem to have any effect for me. I can place the dimension as a...
  10. D

Thanks for your fast responses! :D Yes, I've got the AD drawing module, and everything else in the Expert package. They were all on sale before the new year, and I took the plunge while hoping for the best. Sometimes I can even manage to get the drawing module to work, but nowhere near enough...
  11. D

Hi all, I'm getting really bogged down in AD when I attempt to prepare 2D drawings of the 3D part models I'm building. :( Reading through the forums, I get the idea that this is "a given", although it's rapidly improving. I'm all for the improvements, but I need to be productive now, and I'm...
  12. D

alibre on Mac OS (Apple)

Hi, This is to clarify why Parallels wasn't working when Ralf3 tested it, but is working fine for jclements and now myself: The latest version, Parallels Destop 7, has now explicitly added support for DirectX 9.0c, which Alibre requires. My video is fast enough that I don't sense any slowdown...