What's new

Search results

1. A

Different view in 2D drawing

Hi I've been constructing a tube in Geomagic Design that must be bend twice and that wasn't a problem. I first did two sketches, one of the end of the tube and one for the path and used the sweep command to create the first half. Then I created a new plane 20 degrees to the XY plane and did two...
  2. A

How to create two-stroke Schnürle ported cylinder

Hi Thanks for the help so far from board members :) I thought that I ought to do a little payback and upload my best way to create Schnürle ported two-stroke cylinders in Alibre Design. This isn't the only way, but the way that I came closest to do it "right" and the porting isn't the...
  3. A

Sketch on a curved surface

I bought Alibre Design and later the Pro version to design mostly engines and certain parts that are used with them, so it was a major bummer to discover that Alibre Design Pro didn't suport motion of gears (for camshafts etc.) :( (on a hobby budget) So I desided on trying to do some...
  4. A

How to force a 3D path onto a 2D plane ?

How do I force a 3D path to be drawn on a 2D plane - either XY, YZ, ZX or a custom plane ? Almost al 3D path that I would use to create a tube or a channel in an engine would follow a plane and it's a lot faster to draw a 2D sketch than a 3D one (it often places the reference points ad odd...
  5. A

Problems with sub-assemblies

I have a problem where a sub-assembly containing moving parts bekome nonmoving or partly nonmoving parts when used in the main assembly - what am I doing wrong ? I have two cases so far, one a tappet cam follower that moves fine as a sub-assembly but not at all in the engine main assembly -...
  6. A

How to match gears and cams

I must admit that I feel a bit dumb, but reading a few results here from searching on gears haven't made me any wiser on how to add (or witch constraint to use) a constraint that will make one gear drive another - can't find "driven" or similar constraints in Alibre Design Professional 2012. The...
  7. A

Drill on a cylinder surface

Hi Im trying to design a radial model IC engine right now and there's almost NO flat surfaces in such a design. I have no problems drilling a hole on a flat surface in Alibre Design 2012, but I'm not allowed to select a curved surface like a cylinder or for that matter non angular drill onto a...