What's new

Search results

1. T

Challenge - Canted Helical Spring

OK I went to the link and saw that you are using Alibre Photorender, please post the file soon as I am very keen to check out the light settings. tia Teatime
  2. T

Hi Max, That looks fantastic, what photo-render package did you use? we have been playing with the Alibre photorender but not obtained very good results. Here is the reference for the springs http://www.balseal.com/products/springs.php
  3. T

Thanks Jordan looks good
  4. T

Challenge - Canted Helical Spring Hi Alibre Guys with time on their hands, We are just knocking around a new design that might use a Canted Steel Spring (from Bal-Seal). We have been looking at how we might :D draw it with Alibre. We have some ideas but probably...
  5. T

Toolbars - OK, Part / Drawing not there

Strangely when IYup, when I run DxDiag, Direct X features are all listed as "Not available" Direct Draw acceleration: Not Available Direct 3D acceleration: Not available AGP texture acceleration: Not Available Enable buttons are all greyed out and do not read "Enable" but "Disable"...
  6. T

Thanks Tim, I have followed your instructions but, guess what? no change.
  7. T

The Net meeting thing seems to be a hot tip but hasn't cured it. We have just spent the morning swapping out graphic cards I now have a NVIDIA GeForce FX5200, guess what? - no change. dxdiag still says Direct draw acceleration is not available
  8. T

I have been running Alibre 9.1 for at least a couple of months. So the card must have been running directx 9.0c for the same period. The IT Guy was fixing a printer delay and an adware issue (turned out to be itunes) but we suspect that its the fact that he was doing it remotely that may be...
  9. T

Ah, You've got me there. I guess if Alibre 9.1 only runs with directx 9.0c then I must have always had directx 9.0c and my old dog of a card must have been able to run it.
  10. T

Hi Indesign Thanks for the response hardware acceleration already "full" and tried altering the refresh rate and tried altering the colours (32 to 16 and back again) and confirmed that Alibre is looking at the correct video card currently I suspect that as the directx diagnostic is telling...
  11. T

Thanks for the info guys, however I dont think the fault can lie with the card as a) The machine has run Alibre perfectly ok right up to last Friday morning b) The Direct x diagnostic is indicating the fault lies with Directx acceleration not being available, so this seems the most likely...
  12. T

Toolbars - OK, Part / Drawing not there Desparate can any body help me? - When I run DxDiag, Direct X features are all listed as "Not available" Direct Draw acceleration: Not Available Direct 3D acceleration: Not available AGP texture acceleration: Not Available...
  13. T

Print, Dialogue Box - Long delay

Print, Dialogue Box - Long delay After I click print there is a long delay (nearly 1 1/2 minutes) before the dialogue box appears. The delay seems to be independant of drawing size/complexity and of number of drawings in file. Anybody else have this problem? Any...
  14. T

Cardboard Bell Segments- Teatime Challenge

Hi Jordan, you're up early Yup I can get this far, but the problem now is to accurately project this surface into a flat shape that I can then cut out of cardboard I am now thinking that maybe it would be easier to cut the strips as horizontal segments. regards Teatime
  15. T

Cardboard Bell Segments- Teatime Challenge

Cardboard Bell Segments- Teatime Challenge Here is one for you all; Say you had to make a bell costume for a young Lady's Christmas play I'm planning Two or three Stiff wire hoops to keep the shape cut strips of cardboard in the exact shape of say 30 degree intervals of...
  16. T

Making a duplicate part file by Saving As...

Part - New Issue Hi Folks, I keep all my released drawing files in one window directory, a mix of ACAD and Alibre dwgs, so that myself and everybody else can "see" the latest release. We have a good access based part numbers system that helps me keep...
  17. T

Exploded View, Insert into Assembly

Yes I am sure, I have solved the problem now: filename that wouldn't insert was 193130G-002.AD_ASM I "saved as" to temp.AD_ASM this would insert if I then saved temp.AD_ASM as 193130G-002.AD_ASM it wouldn't insert but if I renamed temp.AD_ASM as 193130G-002.AD_ASM it would insert. How...
  18. T

Nope its nothing to do with the exploded view It is something to do with the filename, if I save the subassembly as temp.AD_ASM, I can then insert it into the top assembly but if I keep the original filename I can't, even if I save as temp.AD_ASM and then save as to overwrite...
  19. T

Exploded View, Insert into Assembly I have been getting an error message "Unable to insert into assembly" when I try to insert a sub-assembly into a top assembly. I have made a copy which does insert successfully if I delete the Exploded view in the sub. -Strange, is...
  20. T

Iges files unreadable

Spaces in Filenames I have found the cause of the problem, nothing to do with Alibre IGES export, it was actually the Finite Element package haveing trouble with spaces in folder names in the directory!! I just wish it had generated a relevant error...