What's new

Search results

1. T

Challenge - Canted Helical Spring

Challenge - Canted Helical Spring Hi Alibre Guys with time on their hands, We are just knocking around a new design that might use a Canted Steel Spring (from Bal-Seal). We have been looking at how we might :D draw it with Alibre. We have some ideas but probably...
  2. T

Toolbars - OK, Part / Drawing not there

Toolbars - OK, Part / Drawing not there Desparate can any body help me? - When I run DxDiag, Direct X features are all listed as "Not available" Direct Draw acceleration: Not Available Direct 3D acceleration: Not available AGP texture acceleration: Not Available...
  3. T

Print, Dialogue Box - Long delay

Print, Dialogue Box - Long delay After I click print there is a long delay (nearly 1 1/2 minutes) before the dialogue box appears. The delay seems to be independant of drawing size/complexity and of number of drawings in file. Anybody else have this problem? Any...
  4. T

Cardboard Bell Segments- Teatime Challenge

Cardboard Bell Segments- Teatime Challenge Here is one for you all; Say you had to make a bell costume for a young Lady's Christmas play I'm planning Two or three Stiff wire hoops to keep the shape cut strips of cardboard in the exact shape of say 30 degree intervals of...
  5. T

Exploded View, Insert into Assembly

Exploded View, Insert into Assembly I have been getting an error message "Unable to insert into assembly" when I try to insert a sub-assembly into a top assembly. I have made a copy which does insert successfully if I delete the Exploded view in the sub. -Strange, is...
  6. T

Iges files unreadable

Iges files unreadable Iges Files exported by my copy of Alibre have recently become unreadable by my FEA program (Femdesigner). Any ideas what settings might affect this? Iges files exported by a friend's Alibre read in ok to the FEA but when I read in...
  7. T

Photorender Quality

Photorender Quality I think there might be a few other people out there, like me, who when they first look at the Photorender package think that the quality is no better than the Alibre Design Screen export. However thanks to Tazman3's Tutorial I now...
  8. T

I want my Sketches to follow changes elsewhere in part

I want my Sketches to follow changes elsewhere in part I am stumped when trying to get sketches to update with other changes in the part. I have an axis in a sketch and I project to sketch a line from a face which I "maintain association to source entity". But I now want to trim this line...
  9. T

Spinner Settings

Spinner Settings I have tried adjusting the spinner settings in File> properties, but it seems no matter what figures I put in the display is still far to "sensitive" - small mouse movements cause many rotations. Any ideas? tia Doooh, If all...