What's new

Search results

1. B

Is v11 going to be hamstrung by J#?

Greetings all, I know that Alibre Design v10 and earlier are written with Microsoft's almost-Java platform, "J++". J++ programs like Alibre require the Microsoft Virtual Machine (MS-VM) to run. Development of the MS-VM stopped a long time ago, and it isn't supported at all anymore. That has...
  2. B

MS Java will self-destruct in 5... 4...

MS Java will self-destruct in 5... 4... All support for Microsoft's Java VM ends 31 Dec 2007. That's a couple weeks away. Once support ends, security fixes to Microsoft's Java VM will no longer be provided. As Microsoft is a popular target, it seems likely that this will...
  3. B

Alibre user geographic locations

Alibre user geographic locations I'm just curious as to where we're all located. This might provide fodder for local user groups, too. ARC Technologies (my employer) is in Massachusetts, in the North East US. I tried to construct the poll options to be most...
  4. B

Does Alibre 9.0 still need Microsoft Java VM?

Does Alibre 9.0 still need Microsoft Java VM? Does anyone know if Alibre Design 9.0 still needs the Microsoft Java Virtual Machine (MSJVM or MSVM)? I haven't found a stand-alone download link for Alibre 9.0 yet, and the documentation on their website does not appear to be...
  5. B

8.2 files not compatible with 8.1 software

8.2 files not compatible with 8.1 software This is kind of a question, kind of an RFE, and also just a general heads-up. We have Alibre Design deployed to a couple of engineers and will be deploying to several more in the coming weeks. With the release of 8.2, I started...