What's new

Search results

1. N

graphic card access

Ok this has me baffled. Was checking the settings for alibre and noticed that only the Intel HD graphics chip is selectable. I updated the drivers for the Nvidia Geforce GT750M...but Alibre still does not see the card. I disabled the onboard Intel chip, but then laptop defaulted to MS standard...
  2. N

2017 constant crashes

anyone else getting the alibre view filled with a red crosshaired box...basically crashing since they upgraded?
  3. N

version

my GM DESign is 2015.0.0 ...is this v17? I assume it is as the software insists it is upto date?
  4. N

exports and "dumb" solids

From some time ago there was a discussion on file exports from GMD. It used to be that files exported and subsequently inported into say solidworks, would be non parametric. I have been back using SW 2013 for the last few months. I have been able to export to SW and SW has been able to rebuild...
  5. N

jobs are like buses...

.....after a few years (9) working on the same contract using Microstation, I am moving to pastures new..well about 130 miles north of london, for my new contract (derby). Which will be using SolidWorks 2014......and at the same time I have picked up some modelling/drafting work using GM Design...
  6. N

export to solidworks

having issue with the export to solidworks functionality...in that there is none. exporting a GMD file to a solidworks part file results in a file containing no readable data, and a file size that is 1/3 of the original GMD file. am I doing something wrong? I have attached both files.
  7. N

extrude cut issue

came across a curious issue using the extrude cut command. I was trying to remove material from a model using that command, see pdf sketch attached), and GM DEsign just would not do it, kept comming up with an error. I was able to perform the material removal only when I used the command with...
  8. N

3d PDF generation

This problem occurs since I upgraded to the latest GM DESign EXpert. I have previously been able to create 3D pdf files. When trying to do the same in the latest version all I get is a blank PDF document, not even a preview. Also I thought I may have forgotten to download the latest 3D PDF...
  9. N

line weighting in drawings

is there a way of adjusting or specifying the weights of lines produced in drawing mode? my client has specific design rules for drawings, and specifies line weight 3 for model projections (visable lines), line weight 2 for text, line weight 1 for hidden detail and line weight 0 for centre...
  10. N

applying dimensions to drawing files

Noticed that when I add dimesions to the drawings that the background turns into a grey mesh, is this normal, as I find it distracting? the mesh dissapears when i exit the dimension command. Also noticed that some dimensions imported from the models are displayed incorrectly, ie, not associated...
  11. N

MOI and M-Files both trial versions

After upgrading to the all singing all dancing 2014 (egg-spurt) version I find that MOI is trial version, with no discernable way of entering the reseller supplied licence key...and today I find that M-files is also a trial version. Are the licence keys entered after the trial periods?...I have...
  12. N

import-export

Can some one explain why geo (magic) deign can import solidworks upto 2012 edition, but only export upto 2004 edition?, is it a licencing issue? I have a large sld part to import and possibly do work on.....but with only design elements at the mo, so would have to upgrade, is there an issue if...
  13. N

modelling of movable generic parts

How would you model say a piano hinge, with the associated degrees of movement? would you have to model the two flanges and connecting pin as 3 seperate models, then assemble in an assembly file? we use similar items bought off shelf and so don't manufacture or design them
  14. N

new hardware..UK users

The kit I purchased to run ALibre PE, is listed at the foot of my posts....the suprise is that the kit only cost me £650 including VAT. I purchased from PCWorld's refurbished stock that is listed on their website, it is a bit pot-luck waht is available from week to week. It's a massive saving...
  15. N

1st and third angle projections

We work with quite a few companies that use 1st angle projection as a default in drawings...and is usually specified in the contract. I was playing around with Alibre, creating drawings from a part, and it gave 3rd angle projections only. Is there a "toggle" to switch between?
  16. N

eratic zoom in and out

Anyone having same issue with zoom comtrol, seems to be too fast. end up far out away from the design or too close. Is it a mouse setting I should be looking at? does not seem to run smooth either
  17. N

sketches

Hi, wonder if i am missing something. I create a 2d profile on a sketch plane, fully constrain it, exit 2d to perform the part model...and the sketch is no longer displayed in the view. neither in an iso view or the original sketch view. But if I select one of the modelling tools, the sketch is...