What's new

Search results

1. R

No Infill

This is strange I am using default settings for my 3D printer trying to print to calibration cubes. The first layers are relatively fine the Z elevations are fine but I am not getting any infill. I am using Repetier-Host with Slic3r. In Slic3r the cube does not look like there is a top but I...
  2. R

License Key expires in 3 days

Tracey Copeland | New Business Account Manager, Got back to me and told me not to worry. $399.00 for Maintenance seems a bit steep. I do not need "support" the forum answers all of my questions. I would like the updates but the current version of Geomagic does all that I need, in fact...
  3. R

License Key expires in 3 days

I have a popup telling me my License Key will expire in 3 days! I have tried calling Geomagic sales to no avail. So what does this mean? I did not get any message of license key expiration last year, I purchased Alibre two years ago. I had purchased maintenance/support when I made my...
  4. R

How to move a Extrusion?

Wow, again thanks everyone for the informative help. Just from this I have learned a lot. Ralph
  5. R

How to move a Extrusion?

Wow, I am getting spoiled using MOI there is a very simple move tool. Even SketchUp has a simple move tool. But thanks to the help I have what I wanted! I suppressed the shaft (I could have eliminated it) and drew the washer on the face. Then I had to add a bearing and tadah finally it hit me...
  6. R

How to move a Extrusion?

Sorry stepped away for a while!! Essentially the extrusion is a washer and it is sitting on a shaft. ie: "You appear to have a piece of material between the cone and the disk." The piece of material is the shaft!! So in real life I would just slide the washer along the shaft to get to the...
  7. R

How to move a Extrusion?

This is embarrassing but I can not figure out how to move a Extrusion. Now I must tell you I know very little about Geomagic (GM), I tried to learn it, occasionally, for six months but gave up and went to using MOI. Now I am trying again with GM for some specific needs. I have to renew...
  8. R

Full size printing?

Thank you Tyler, I'll give it a try. Ralph
  9. R

Full size printing?

And how exactly does one do "Printing from the drawing" that is a concept I have not figured out yet, Thanks. Ralph
  10. R

So now how do I print a drawing.

Thanks Don, I have "done" the Tutorials and I did all of the Alibre Bible examples but GD just has not connected. I specifically need the 3D drafting as I have a 3D printer on it's way. The attempted 2D drawing was just a off hand try at printing something. I started 3D with Sketchup and...
  11. R

Yes Lew I do not understand the "distinction". Any pointers where I gain some knowledge. I went through the Alibre Bible, and the Tutorials but I never caught the distinction. Thanks Dave, Your Screen House Staris 2.AD_PRT still does not print on my HP ENVY120 inkjet printer. But it does...
  12. R

"marginally clunky" is a understatement. I really do not enjoy using GD at all. "Geomagic is designed to produce 3D models, from which linked 2D drawings can be made." But one does their basic drawing in 2D mode right? If I wanted a box I would first go into 2D mode and draw a rectangle and...
  13. R

"I guess that the issue is that he's trying to print a Sketch from Part Workspace.........." sorry I have been away. But yes exactly I believe that is what I am trying to do. Is there a issue with doing that? Ralph
  14. R

I have a rather expensive HP Envy ink jet printer. My drawing is just some lines with dimensions that I need as a reference away from the computer. I do not have any options when I select print. Possible going the .PDF route would work. I do have Snagit so I can do screen captures. but...
  15. R

I have used every method I can find. My page comes out blank!! I do do see the option "fit to page". Help is very helpful. Do all of my lines have to be "Defined"? How does make a line defined? Ralph
  16. R

This is stupid. I have to go to help to "learn" how to print a drawing. "Most" easy to use programs just let me hit Print. I am really not enjoying using GD. :( Ralph
  17. R

Part, Component, & Shape Libraries

Hey Lew, wish I could contribute (lack of time to say nothing about ability) but I just want to say thanks for this thread. You introduced me to GrabCad and I am starting to see what an asset it will be. Thanks again. Ralph
  18. R

Putting a section view in a new drawing

Hey cadhollister could you define this? "Where are you creating a section view in Alibre? In the model or in the drawing?" Where exactly is the model opposed to in the drawing? Sorry I am just getting started with CAD drafting. Thanks, Ralph
  19. R

Can't apply a constraint

Hi Mike, it was suggested to me to use Copy instead of just Move in one of my first questions to this forum. As HaroldL says Move also works so you do not have to delete the original. Hey HaroldL, what do you mean by Ralph
  20. R

Can't apply a constraint

Hey Mike is this what you were looking for? I moved a copy of the Fan Grill (Sketch 7) to be concentric with the left configuration. To make the move from the Activate 2D Sketch edit Sketch <7> I dragged my mouse around the entire sketch 7 object. This highlited the etire sketch, and then I...