What's new

Search results

1. C

Alibra P/E Computer in need of overhaul

Hi, I have been using Alibre Personal Edition 2013 for some time now and I love it. I use it to designing parts that will be printed on a 3d printer for some of my hobby projects. I am running it on Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1. I am at a point where I need to reformat or replace...
  2. C

Constraining a spring to a stud??

Is there any way in an assembly to constrain a spring to a center stud...or any other object for that matter. I have created a demo for a project I have been working that includes a rolling trolley with a spring loaded platform on top. I would like to be able to demo the motion of the trolley...
  3. C

slic3r will drive me to think

I am trying to use slic3r with STL files produced from Alibre. I have had very mixed results. (mostly bad lately). Can someone tell me what Alibre STL output settings work best for creating STL files from Alibre and then sending them through Slic3r? Charlie
  4. C

scaling a part

Is there a way to scale a part by percentage or by some other measure? If I obtain a part from another source and that part is proportioned correctly, but I need the whole thing to be 185% of it's current size, Is that possible in Alibre? Sorry if this is a dumb question....still mid...
  5. C

How can I determine why a sketch won't extrude

I am creating a new part and it starts with a very irregular shape. When I tried to extrude it, I get the extrude boss status box, does not give me any indication of what the problem might be, but won't extrude. The explorer shows the extrusion entry in red with an X. I have gone over the...
  6. C

Alibra PE rotating a part

Is there a way to rotate a part in PE. I created a part to be printed on a 3d printer and realized that I need to rotate the part by 90 degrees for it to print properly. I can recreate the part from scratch, I guess, but it would save me a couple hours work if I could just rotate it relative...
  7. C

Trying to learn Alibre

I am having a very basic issue with learning Alibre PE. I design a fairly simple bracket and when I have it like I want it in the 2d sketch, making sure it’s closed and there are no extraneous lines and then try and extrude using the extrude boss, I get a message that no solid body exists. I...