What's new

Search results

1. BenzB

Feature control panel-smart anchor option greyed out

What am I missing here?
  2. BenzB

Constraint parameters to limit motion.

In the attached package I have an assembly with a part that I am trying to limit the range of motion between the ends of the slots. It is the last constraint on the tree. My first time attempting this in Alibre. Some help with this would be appreciated. Thank you. Benz
  3. BenzB

constraining inserted designs in assembly

After inserting multiples of a design(part) into an assembly I have found that constraining one of these constrains all of them. E.G: inserting two screws and aligning one of them to a hole results in both of them being aligned to the same hole. Has anyone else run into this?
  4. BenzB

Chamfer Flip

Thanks for the FLIP option for unequal chamfers. That's a big EASY button there!
  5. BenzB

mirroring an assembly?

I am building a model of my childhood home. A rowhouse but I would like to mirror the assembly as opposed to each floor. Or worse yet having to create opposites of each floor. I this possible? Ultimately this will be built, in some numbers, and placed on my train layout. The things I do for fun. :D
  6. BenzB

hole callout defaults

How do I change the default hole callout?
  7. BenzB

chamfer dimensioning question

I have a round part and can dimension the outside chamfers with no problems. However the inside chamfers will let me pick the chamfer edge and the bore edge but not the face edge hence no chamfer dimension. What am I doing wrong (it's gotta be me)?
  8. BenzB

Profile of a line tolerancing in a feature control frame

I should be able to specify what side of the profile I want the tolerance band on when using "profile of a line" in a feature control frame. Alas, I saw no option for this other than the clumsy way I specified it in the attached view. So I figure I should ask here if perhaps I am indeed missing...
  9. BenzB

theoretical intersection of centerlines in 2D drawing

How does one use centerlines to create a theoretical intersection point? The theoretical intersection tool seems to ignore them. I am trying to achieve what is in red(less the arrows pointing to the centerlines):
  10. BenzB

converting sketch figures to reference figures

Is there a way to convert multiple (a selection of) sketch figures to reference figures? As opposed to one at a time, which is the only way I know of currently.
  11. BenzB

Centers and centerlines in 2d drawings

If I create center lines with the center line tool and then right click and insert centers for my holes it deletes my center lines. Is this an error on my part?
  12. BenzB

STEP AP242

Does Alibre have a timeline as to when this may be implemented? Reason for asking is that I was just at a MasterCAM 2019 roll out event and they showed us what kind of information comes in with the new standard. Really cool stuff for those of us in the actually manufacturing side of things!
  13. BenzB

coincident constraint removal

Having used this software a few years one of the things that bugs me is that the coincident constraints are not visible as the other constraint are and are not removable. I have been using zero dimensions in it's place but feel this not the ideal solution but perhaps the only solution. Is there...
  14. BenzB

equation editor not sequential by last digit of equation number

Should be sequential by the last digit, not the first. What the heck? Am I the only one bothered by this?
  15. BenzB

component placement precise rotate

No doubt I am doing something wrong but why, when I attempt to rotate components about an axis 90 degrees does it rotate the component 180 degrees?
  16. BenzB

tabulated drawing tutorial

I have been searching for a tutorial on tabulated drawings in Alibre Design without much success. Specifically, I'd like to tabulate a drawing from a part file that has multiple configurations. The part file I have attached has variations in the thickness only.
  17. BenzB

Using a DWG or DXF to Create a Part

I suppose this handy feature is no longer available?
  18. BenzB

System info as default in template fields

Playing around with some templates and I am wondering if it is possible to set the default text to extract the system date and use it to set the date. Also, if this is possible, would it change the drawn date to the current date every time the drawing is opened?
  19. BenzB

#D Space navigator is super sensitive

My space navigator has always been sensitive in Geomagic. This last release of Alibre has put it over the top. I have all the speeds turned down to the minimums and it is barley controllable. Graphics drivers are up to date, navigator drivers are up to date. Is this common? Can this be adjusted...
  20. BenzB

extrude cut not working as expected

I am having an issue with extrusion<11> in the attached part not giving me what I expected. Should be cutting two pockets up and out of the part but looks like it is building a cylindrical solid. What am I doing wrong?