What's new

Search results

1. M

Renew or Not?

I just want to put a hand up for all those others that use GD and are happy with it. We have renewed. Its a great little program. It allows me to import other peoples solid models and create working drawings from them. It enables me to create solid models of our own products quickly and...
  2. M

Typing in dimensions as you go

Toggle real time dimensioning
  3. M

Typing in dimensions as you go

Before the latest upgrade the dimensions of lines or circles could be typed in as they were being place. Now that doesn't happen for me. Is it an upgrade change or is there an option that I have to select. Cheers
  4. M

Update? Already?

Would it not be funny if after all our bitching and complaining we actually get a better product and response from 3Ds that what history would tell us. And that it could be even better than the good old days of Alibre. Also could be that the new team is up and running understanding the code...
  5. M

Geomagic Design V17

Bit QuicK off the mark seems lag was created by hidden mouse and keyboard dongal. Cheers
  6. M

3DS acquires Cimatron

Maybe they just want the turnover and to be associated with a successful cam brand.
  7. M

3DS acquires Cimatron

Watching this with some interest as we have a old version of Gibbs 2007 which we have not updated as up till now there has been no need. I note that the 3DS symbol is in the top left hand corner of the Gibbs site now. Be interesting to see if they go into competition with MecSoft!!
  8. M

Geomagic Design V17

First impressions Every thing seems good ay first. but then Not using vault so had a tidy up. storing files on a server so that its all in one place. Geomagic experiences major lag when tying to draw sketches in files that are still on the server.. no noticeable lag when using the drawing...
  9. M

Cheap end of printer scale

I have been looking at printers for a little while now. As I understand it the top end printers have two types of material. 1) the model or part material 2) the support or fill material. This is dis solvable or breakable to get at the intended part. The less costly end of the spectrum seem...