What's new

Search results

1. J

Drawing Mode>> Insert 3D Section View ???

Your original post said you want to insert a 3D/Ortho section view...the view shown in the jpg is an isometric or perspective view, not an ortho view. There is not an easy way to do this, that I'm aware of. The method you mentioned in your post of making a configuration with all parts sliced...
  2. J

Drawing Mode>> Insert 3D Section View ???

Maybe I'm missing the intent of your question but.... ....Have you considered using the >>Insert>>Section Views >> [type] function of the Drawing module?? type refers to Standard, Aligned, Removed, Broken Out. If you dont want the Originating Ortho View visible in the final print, you can drag...
  3. J

Version Stability 21,22,23??

I am on maintenance and running Version 21...I was in the middle of a big project when 22 came out and I would not change versions then at the risk of weeks of problems....also I did not really see enough new features that would be beneficial, to me, that I was compelled to move to that...
  4. J

What is status of V23?

What I think would be an interesting feature of an online help system would be if registered users could post supplementary explanations, tips or examples at the end of a given topic. Subsequent help versions might then be able to incorporate the more salient suggestions into the original body...
  5. J

Conductive Copper Tube

We dont know your application, but at 75vac, it's clearly not a simple control or detection circuit, but I rather guess that as far as conductivity is concerned the grade of copper is mostly irrelevant. almost any common copper pipe will be conductive enough. even with 28 ga wire (.013 dia.)...
  6. J

Copying a 3D sketch

Harold, Unless I'm missing something, your method works, but only for 2D sketches, The original poster was trying to copy 3D sketches. I did try Stephan's script, and it works as advertised. Note I am using v21 not v22
  7. J

Export dxf from atom?

According to the website it should have that capability Import: STEP, SAT, DWG, DXF, Solidworks® Export: STEP, SAT, STL, DWG, DXF, 3D PDF, 2D PDF I dont have Atom so I cant speak to where the caommand might be.
  8. J

Isometric dimensioning style

I think you would have to first activate "Sketch in view" in order to sketch the leader lines. Then issue the Dimension command...you should be able to draw a dimension with no automatic leaders, or go to properties to get rid of them. (might make sense to set up a dimension style for this )...
  9. J

Drawing Mode> Note Tool

Are you saying that you have put a Carrige Return ("Enter Key") after the word production in the edit box?
  10. J

Scaling

Go to the Features menu and select the "Scale or Mirror" tool.
  11. J

Does Script have any functionality in Drawings module?

Thanks Nate, I was afraid of that...everytime I think of a small script project to compel me to get into it, I seem to bump up against program limits. David, I'll look into custom symbols to see if there is something there I can misuse.
  12. J

Does Script have any functionality in Drawings module?

Failing that, does the API have any functionality in the Drawing module? I would like to create a text list drop down where I can pick a specific line of text and populate an Annotation text box with it. Thanks, Jimpulse
  13. J

I assume the management is aware of this program

...and remarkably diverse....just sayin'
  14. J

Not Exactly an Alibre issue....Window Resize annoyance

Simon.. The bloatware "subsidy" is what makes a $300 windows laptop possible. :D -jimpulse
  15. J

Ok after a more deliberate Google, I find that this is NOT a windows function but rather a byproduct of my MSI laptops True color program. That sort of explains why I had trouble finding it.
  16. J

This isnt an alibre issue but I figured someone here would probably know. When I Drag an application window in Windows 10 a function pops up that tries to facilitate placement of the app window when the mouse is released. (See the screen element pointed to in red below) It's a total annoyance...
  17. J

Computer for Alibre - some thoughts / questions

As an FOI Simon, do you notice a speed difference between your laptop and your desktop? If so, how noticeable? -Jimpulse
  18. J

Measure Tool in Model.. am i missing something?

Very out-of-box thinking....I Like it!
  19. J

License problem

Thanks for the suggestion Trice1, that did not fix it but it provided another error that helped.. That error, "SOAP client has invalid date" should have lead me to check the computer's date, but I did not even realize that I was a SOAP client ...beyond normal everyday hygiene. In the meanwhile...
  20. J

License problem

Ok this is my first experience with the post Geomagic license system Just installed most recent version on a new laptop, ran Alibre off and on for a few days. Went to load it just now and got: License initialization was not successful Contact Alibre support Error code - 10000541 Since its the...