What's new

Search results

1. J

Version Stability 21,22,23??

I am on maintenance and running Version 21...I was in the middle of a big project when 22 came out and I would not change versions then at the risk of weeks of problems....also I did not really see enough new features that would be beneficial, to me, that I was compelled to move to that...
  2. J

Does Script have any functionality in Drawings module?

Failing that, does the API have any functionality in the Drawing module? I would like to create a text list drop down where I can pick a specific line of text and populate an Annotation text box with it. Thanks, Jimpulse
  3. J

Not Exactly an Alibre issue....Window Resize annoyance

This isnt an alibre issue but I figured someone here would probably know. When I Drag an application window in Windows 10 a function pops up that tries to facilitate placement of the app window when the mouse is released. (See the screen element pointed to in red below) It's a total annoyance...
  4. J

License problem

Ok this is my first experience with the post Geomagic license system Just installed most recent version on a new laptop, ran Alibre off and on for a few days. Went to load it just now and got: License initialization was not successful Contact Alibre support Error code - 10000541 Since its the...
  5. J

FWIW department, new 3DS Pres & CEO

I got an email from the QuickPart division of 3DS announcing the appt. of the next CEO to replace Avi Reichintal. I'm sure a lot of us got it, but I was suprised to see no one mention it. I couldnt let a sleeping dog lie (pun intended??) Actually the email was sent as a quasi "personal...
  6. J

Number of allowed installations?

Can anyone confirm what the number of allowed installations is for the recent release is ...is it really 2 as the website says???!! Have we really lost yet another feature...I started out with 5 (which really was more than enough) then it was reduced to 3 (which was just enough) and now 2...
  7. J

BOM field I wish I had

I've done only a little work using BOMs. I am using one now though, and one thing I havent found is a way to have one of the fields show the sub-assembly to which a part belongs. My machine has about 20 Sub-assemblies and it would be great to generate a BOM with all parts listed along with...
  8. J

SLDASM translation problem

I've attempted to import the attached Solidwrks assembly and I immediatly get an Error Code #1.....unsupported file format or bad geometry. Can anyone help? I told my client I could read SW files so he sent it and went home for the day. If someone has access to SW perhaps a STEP export...
  9. J

Alibre and Remote Desktop Connection

I've got a bit aof a weird one... I have Alibre on my Desktop Computer(XP Pro/Nvidia) as well as my Laptop(XP Home/ATI Radeon). I was trying to set up a Remote Desktop Connection between the Laptop and the Desktop where the Laptop is a terminal for the Desktop. This was to allow the LAptop to...
  10. J

Where'd my Text Go?

All, I'm hoping that I've done something dumb. In the Drawing Environment no DImension text or annotations will display. Clues & Red Herrings: - When the AD_DRW is exported as a DWG and opened in another program, the dimension text displays as it should -In the perspective views no hidden...
  11. J

Algor licence limitation?

Tried to install Designcheck on my Office computer (it had been installed on my home computer some time ago) and during the registration phase I was told that Designcheck was installed on a different computer and could not be installed on this one. What is the licence policy for Designcheck...
  12. J

A couple of questions about PDF creation.

I have not found an easy way to append non-alibre generated pages to a 3D pdf created by Alibre. Is there a way to do it with PDFCreator (which I personally find very awkward) ? I have had no problem adding AD 3D content to PDFs created elsewhere, but I would like to put some non-alibre content...
  13. J

validity of SldWrks exports

I was reading through another thread and saw this comment.... I beg to differ...Edrawings DOES open .sldprt and .sldasm drawings. Those extensions are listed in the Edrawings file open box and I have had success opening files created by SW. On the other hand, it does NOT open any .sldprt or...
  14. J

Software review of AD12P in Desktop Engineering

For those that are interested in such things, here is a link to the recently released edition of Desktop Engineering with a review of AD 12P http://den-media.com/portal/wts/cgmcgbc ... k-cje2EnQa
  15. J

v12.1 Annotation problems anyone?

I have been attempting to put some Annotations in an assembly view. The command failed in a drawing and I had to shut the program down with it incomplete and now I cannot get it to work at all. Calling up the Annotation Command now only gives me the status line prompt for "Pick a point to place...
  16. J

To upgrade or not....that is the question

All, I'm debating an upgrade from my version of Alibre Pro 12 to Expert and wanted to get some feedback on the features and benefits as they apply to my usage. looking at the comparison page I would distill the difference between Pro & Expert as: Vault Motion CAM Machinist Toolbox PhotoRender...
  17. J

JPG image improvement

While looking at the images in the "How do I add Spokes" topic I was prompted to ask a nagging issue. How are the JPGs in that thread being created? (Not including Ralf's, who obviously used a PhotoR. package) For instance, how were Miles' images created? download/file.php?id=7708&mode=view...
  18. J

Opacity behavior?

I need a sanity check on v12 Opacity behavior. I seems to me that in earlier versions when the opacity was reduced that edges stayed higher contrast (When in visible Edges mode). I always run Black edges. In the example shown, the left and middle images are set to 91% & 89% respectively. It...
  19. J

Interface AD Sheetmetal to Amada or Profab??

I have a client that has Amada CNC turret presses. In addition to Alibre he has Profab, which interfaces somewhat seamlessly to AutoCad, SW and a few others. Does anyone here know of a way to use AD sheetmetal directly to Amada punches or a better interface between AD and Profab than AD...
  20. J

STP import issue

I imported a stp assembly, created by inventor, into ADv12. I seemed to come in OK but when I tried to save it as Alibre file, I got the followin error Save operation encountered error 'com.alibre.rose.Rose Exception: Could not find imported body: Exception of type...