What's new

Search results

1. Stu3d

Move - Setting relative basepoint

Yes, free with current maintenance or $100. I had to ask my reseller for it as wasn't offered it at renewal.
  2. Stu3d

Move - Setting relative basepoint

Out of curiosity I looked to see what the Alibre Power Guide said about direct cooridinate entry.
  3. Stu3d

License Portal, purpose

If you only use Alibre on one pc it isn't an issue. I believe I am right in saying Alibre will remotely release your license in the event of a computer failure regardless of current maintenance status. If you use more than one pc there is, or was, another option. I paid a bit extra and can use...
  4. Stu3d

Fixed Constraint Failure on Spline

Exactly the same in V27. Extend does still remove the fixed constraint but the spline doesn't appear to change.
  5. Stu3d

Why is this not fully constrained?

It probably needs a horizontal or vertical constraint on one of the lines.
  6. Stu3d

Sooo...What's this?

As a mainly hobby user I try and maximise my bang for buck when it comes to upgrades. I looked at the upgrade timing for the last few years and came up with an average that resulted in me upgrading from V23 to V27 in late November. As V27 was mid August I think, I thought I was good for V28 and...
  7. Stu3d

Trying to edit an imported step file

Here is a coupling nut I have modelled without visible threads. It probably needs the chamfer correcting as I guessed it and other features adding but depends how accurate it has to be. If you go in to the Equation Editor and change the dimensions labelled Length, Size (spanner size) and Thread...
  8. Stu3d

When I altered dimensions D6 or D9 in your part it altered the distance between the two ends but I get the idea. I projected a sketch figure on one of the flat faces and did Extrude Boss to Geometry. Now adjusting dimension D6 in equation editor alters the length of the nut. It works backwards...
  9. Stu3d

I realise Booleans totally overkill for this simple part but doing things like this help me learn. I just altered the length of the Coupling Nut part and the result seems to be fine, strange. Edit: I didn't try your method but will have a play, all knowledge is good :)
  10. Stu3d

No problem
  11. Stu3d

I saved the step as an Alibre part then tried an extrude cut to remove one end, use Move Face to alter the length, Save As the part at different lengths and then do a Boolean Unite. The result had faces missing so there maybe something odd about the step? Not sure if you have Boolean, ideally...
  12. Stu3d

Random Builds and Wall Plates

This is a UK equivalent although we usually use a flex outlet with a hole in the bottom so the cable hangs neatly down the wall.
  13. Stu3d

Random Builds and Wall Plates

It seems to Shell perfectly or am I missing the point? David, I think it is similar to a light switch cover plate like MK grid range.
  14. Stu3d

[SOLVED]Need help importing dxf file in Alibre V27

Same issues, apart fom anything we know Alibre doesn't like complicated sketches and there is a lot going on in this one!
  15. Stu3d

Error when I tried to open it in Alibre.
  16. Stu3d

Would any of those processes remove duplicate sketch figures (overlaps?) and intersections? Edit: so overkill does that.
  17. Stu3d

This is what I normally do but it is tedious even with a small sketch. Even if I was the original poster I wouldn't work through this many objects :oops: What we could really do with is a more powerful heal tool, one that ruthlessly removes all duplicate sketch figures but that still leaves the...
  18. Stu3d

Project to Sketch

Here is an AutoHotKey script that will automate the process. Select a face and this script when activated will start a new sketch on that face, project to sketch everything as reference figures, enable maintain association and close the dialog. Bear in mind I believe best practice is to sketch...
  19. Stu3d

I opened your dxf file in Visual Cadd. There are 11 layers containing 16647 objects. I separated the layers to see what was going on. Below is layer number, number of objects and what I think the layer contains. 1: 1170, tracks 16: 1083, tracks & boundary 17: 500, mostly holes, some surface...
  20. Stu3d

3D Printing & 3D Scanning Info

I have the Range, Pop 2 and Mini from Revopoint. They are amazing now the software has matured, was very rough to start with. Converting the scan in to something to work with in Alibre is the tricky bit. This was recommended I think, not tried it myself yet https://instepstudio3d.com/#meshtocad...