What's new

Search results

1. D

External Raid Disc Recommendations

Hi Mika, On a Windows 10 PC, there are a few ways to get RAID1/Mirroring setup the way that you want. I would set up your new drives as a data volume and not a system volume. In other words don't use RAID for the boot drive. Setting up RAID boot is possible but not easy and it doesn't gain you...
  2. D

External Raid Disc Recommendations

Hi Mika, Just a few points about this type of storage. The RAID1/Mirroring in this system protects you only against a hard drive failure. Any other failure such as power supply, cable or controller will make your data unavailable. In a portable system I would choose a single SSD over the 2...
  3. D

Fun with Sheet Metal

Thanks for all of your replies. All interesting ways of trying to do the same thing. The problem as noted with extending the flange or cutting back the bottom tab is the half bend left at the flange bottom. You can clean that up with a sketch and an extrude cut but the bend being there will...
  4. D

Fun with Sheet Metal

Thanks David, That is what I needed. It had not occurred to me that you could add a negative offset to a flange to extend it.
  5. D

Fun with Sheet Metal

Hi All, I am trying to use Alibre's sheet metal functions to make a simple 5-sided box. (A bottom and 4 side flanges) The only thing at all challenging about this is that I want the sides of the 2 end flanges to extend past the sides of the box, sort of like the front of a drawer. As you can...