What's new

Search results

1. S

Notched and tapered Helical part

Here's how I created a tapered/notched auger blade. The two cut sketches (taper and notches) could be combined into one sketch. Hope this helps.
  2. S

Rendering Applications

For anyone interested in obtaining a modeling, rendering, animation application, trueSpace7.6 is being offered as a free download. I know a lot of people find the photorendering package in Alibre a little difficult to use or limited in capabilities. trueSpace is a very powerful tool that will...
  3. S

Centerlines

Centerlines One way to insert them. Insert the center marks on your circles, the click on the Select icon (cross hairs) this toggles on the centerpoints and end points of arcs. You can then use these points to insert center lines between the...
  4. S

45 Deg Tube Cut

45 Deg Tube Cut Here's one way to do a quick mitered tube.
  5. S

Add Reference Coordinate Systems

I think this has been addressed in another thread. Booleaned parts really are the answer here, that and good part planning. But as far as working in assembly mode, I think there must be a mis-understanding of terminology. Booleaned parts are assemblies that are represented as a single part. See...
  6. S

Other things to do with the sheetmetal workbench

Other things to do with the sheetmetal workbench A small part that incorporates a few of the capabilities of the sheet metal program.
  7. S

Sheet Metal is a macro not a parametric modeler...

Sheet Metal is a macro not a parametric modeler... Here's the simple assembly I created using the three outer legs of the extruded channel and an added line to create the basic rectangular tab base for the sheet metal part. Then I used the flange and hole commands to add the other...
  8. S

Sheet Metal Cut

Sheet Metal Cut Here's a quick bracket with a 45 degree cut running across the bend line thru the flange and tab. Is this what you are trying to do?
  9. S

The Competition

The Competition In the Binaries forum, I posted an image file of an e-mail I just received - it's the competition from the far east - I can't compete with this level of pricing, h**l, I don't think India can compete with this level of pricing :D It's...
  10. S

Side Bar - The Competition

Side Bar - The Competition If this is what we're up against-yikes-I received this as an e-mail-it came in as spam.
  11. S

SP1

SP1 Has anyone received the SP1 upgrade?
  12. S

Re: Interdesign constraints

Re: Interdesign constraints Just had a user toggle me about 'interdesign' constraints showing up in an assembly - I've seen them too, and it appears they are constraints between assemblies or between an assembly/sub-assembly and a single part inside an assembly...
  13. S

Re: V-Rail and Bearing Assembly

Re: V-Rail and Bearing Assembly Look at this mock-up and see if it does the trick - it uses an Alignment and Tangent Outside constraint to locate the bearing against the rail. Depending on you Bearing/Plate Assembly you might need to use the Move and Rotate part...
  14. S

LightWave Studios downloads

Re: Lighting and light sources I don't know if everyone is aware of this or not, but in the Alibre PhotoRendering application there is an option for downloading other rendering modules, including light sources from LightStudios. . You'll have to register...