What's new

Search results

1. J

Move sketches/extrusions to different Parts?

Perfect. That would be a handy tool to have. Maybe I'll think about upgrading down the road if the price is right during a sale.
  2. J

What am I doing wrong now?

I think I figured out the issue after @NateLiqGrav brought up interdesign relations. The core of it has to do with my workflow: I was operating top-down, relying heavily on interdesign relations under the assumption that nothing would ever exert bottom-up influence. Which was all fine and...
  3. J

How to manually load recovery data?

Well, it didn't generate recovery data when it crashed for me. ;) Seems kind of strange that such data would only be generated when the software detects a problem. You would think that data should always be written to the recovery folder every five minutes and persist there until it is...
  4. J

More weirdness. I'm still not really grasping what's going on here. I've tried constraining the errant reference geometry to the global coordinate planes but I keep getting an over-constraint error... even after deleting all my other assembly constraints. How do I fix this? How the hell...
  5. J

Default keyboard shortcuts?

EDIT: Incidentally it seems exporting the whole scene all at once is a slightly better workflow anyhow, given that the software appears to respect the individuality of part files when exporting triangle geometry. My fear was that exporting the whole scene would create one big nightmarish...
  6. J

Weird. I found the folder but it's empty. My autosave interval is set to 5 minutes. o_O
  7. J

Any chance there is a way to do this with finished features as well? I.E. entire extrusions, etc.?
  8. J

Default keyboard shortcuts?

Is there any way to find a centralized list of keyboard shortcuts for Atom3D - since the shortcut editor is only accessible in Design? There's a thread in here from 2007 but the ones I need in there seem to be depreciated. I need to quickly hide and unhide a bunch of parts so I can export only...
  9. J

Where is the default autosave directory? Can't find any mention of it in GUI.
  10. J

Is there a way to manually load the most recent autosave/recovery data after a crash? I experienced a crash but got no option to recover my lost work after restarting the software.
  11. J

Awesome, thank you! That saves me a tremendous amount of wasted time and effort!
  12. J

Is there a way to separate a given sketch or extrusion into a different Part? I often find myself making the mistake of modeling something in the wrong Part context and having to delete all my work and start over in the right Part. It would be really awesome if I could just send 'x' I-beam...
  13. J

I am at a complete loss to explain this: Can anyone make heads or tails of how this could have possibly happened or how to fix it? It seems to be localized to an individual part. It's as if the relationship between the global coordinate system and the part's local coordinate system has been...
  14. J

How to constrain pipes to unistrut?

That works a little better. Thanks.
  15. J

How to constrain pipes to unistrut?

Having trouble with the assembly constraints. I can't seem to make the software play nice with two perpendicular pieces which need to be constrained against each other. All I want to do is attach pipes to Unistrut like so: Any ideas?
  16. J

How to get 'Component Placement' to play nice?

I'm trying to manipulate a copy of a part that I duplicated. I'm having trouble getting the manipulator widget/gizmo/gyro to play nice. I can't seem to figure out it's behavior. It doesn't seem consistent with most other 3D software. Can someone explain what I need to do to make it 'go'...
  17. J

Exporting unlinked mesh objects?

I tried suppressing the features in part mode but that also suppresses all features further down in the timeline which reference the ones that are being suppressed. @dwc Wow, great explanation, thanks. Really clears things up. Now I feel silly for not making that connection. :) I poked...
  18. J

Cannot change keybinds in Atom3D?

I get the need for differentiation, but... what's the first thing you do when you install a new video game? You dial in the video settings for your level of hardware and adjust the keybinds to an arrangement that is comfortable and familiar to you. It would be kind of annoying if 'Video Game...
  19. J

Turntable viewport instead of trackball?

The Blender viewport also has auto-depth which allows for context-sensitive zooming. Hovering the cursor over further objects increases the zoom factor and hovering over close objects decreases it. There are also walk and fly modes available which activate WASD + QE controls for positioning...