What's new

Search results

1. J

Default keyboard shortcuts?

Is there any way to find a centralized list of keyboard shortcuts for Atom3D - since the shortcut editor is only accessible in Design? There's a thread in here from 2007 but the ones I need in there seem to be depreciated. I need to quickly hide and unhide a bunch of parts so I can export only...
  2. J

How to manually load recovery data?

Is there a way to manually load the most recent autosave/recovery data after a crash? I experienced a crash but got no option to recover my lost work after restarting the software.
  3. J

Move sketches/extrusions to different Parts?

Is there a way to separate a given sketch or extrusion into a different Part? I often find myself making the mistake of modeling something in the wrong Part context and having to delete all my work and start over in the right Part. It would be really awesome if I could just send 'x' I-beam...
  4. J

What am I doing wrong now?

I am at a complete loss to explain this: Can anyone make heads or tails of how this could have possibly happened or how to fix it? It seems to be localized to an individual part. It's as if the relationship between the global coordinate system and the part's local coordinate system has been...
  5. J

How to constrain pipes to unistrut?

Having trouble with the assembly constraints. I can't seem to make the software play nice with two perpendicular pieces which need to be constrained against each other. All I want to do is attach pipes to Unistrut like so: Any ideas?
  6. J

How to get 'Component Placement' to play nice?

I'm trying to manipulate a copy of a part that I duplicated. I'm having trouble getting the manipulator widget/gizmo/gyro to play nice. I can't seem to figure out it's behavior. It doesn't seem consistent with most other 3D software. Can someone explain what I need to do to make it 'go'...
  7. J

Exporting unlinked mesh objects?

Is there a way to export only a selected portion of a part file? Or do I need to create everything as individual parts and then assemble them together in their correct 3D space and then export the parts? The issue I'm encountering is with the exported geometry. Exporting everything (e.g. a...
  8. J

Turntable viewport instead of trackball?

Is there a way to turn on constrained (turntable) orbiting in Atom3D? Using unconstrained (trackball) orbiting with a mouse is a pain in the butt. Thanks.
  9. J

How to suppress automatic constraints?

Is there a hotkey available that will suppress automatic constraining while pressed? I find that auto-constraints can be kind of a pain in the butt sometimes when sketching primitive shapes. For instance, sketching out a rough octagon or square often causes the first vertical line to receive a...
  10. J

Cannot change keybinds in Atom3D?

I'm having difficulty changing the default keybinds in Atom3D. I am trying to incorporate Atom3D into my digital art workflow. Modeling 3D assets like structural steel assemblies, conduit racks, etc. where Blender's polygonal modeling tool set just doesn't cut it. Point being it would be...