What's new

Search results

1. H

My license says expired today

I had lots of problems when the Flexera licensing system was added to GM, program freezes sloooow start ups full computer freezes. Some of the things I tried were disabling AV and firewall and some other suggestions from support, nothing made any difference. The first hot fix helped a bit but...
  2. H

Consolidation letter

I had Alibre expert and you don't get updated to Moi or Dynamics. You do get to pay the full maintenance even though you have none of the addons though. :cry: Mark.
  3. H

TRUST

Looks like my last post is wrong and the equation editor get a bit confused. Mark
  4. H

TRUST

After looking at Jordans example using degrees after the parameters works as well. Mark
  5. H

TRUST

The result ANGLE_TEST is 360°/72 Radians, don't know why it's doing that though. You can get the correct angle if you add another parameter A_ANGLE3 of 1° and change ANGLE_TEST to A_ANGLE1/A_ANGLE2*A_ANGLE3 Mark
  6. H

several questions for switching to Geomagic

With a bit of effort you can do something like this. Mark
  7. H

Heavy Loading Time

Version 16 used to lock my computer all the time even with just the home window open, it would happen on 5 minute intervals when GM was phoning home. The latest hotfix is a lot better, now it only happens occasionally when GM is starting. When it happens GM show not responding in the title bar...
  8. H

GM Design 64bit does not support SprutCAM8 64 plugin?

I updated to the latest version 8 today and all works as before. When you run the SCSetup.exe you get a choice of installers to download and run, try one of the others the one I downloaded was for SprutCAM UK Ltd. Mark.
  9. H

GM Design 64bit does not support SprutCAM8 64 plugin?

I have GM 64bit and the SC 64bit plugin working ok. Did you install the SC64 plugin, in SC under the tools tab run addin manager. Mark
  10. H

License Surpise

I've had problems where my computer freezes for no reason, all started when V16 was installed, see this post. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17453 I've had a couple of calls from support but they have not been able to help. With a bit of my own detective work using Resource Monitor I've found all the...
  11. H

Geomagic 2D - broken lines bug

The problem is caused because the 9mm rad is a projection of a 3d curve in the drawing you've generated. If you use a side view and put a section through the radii you do not get any problems. Mark.
  12. H

Geomagic 2D - broken lines bug

Have you submitted a ticket here. http://support1.geomagic.com/ics/suppor ... ionID=2191 Looks like the drawings are not accurate enough for use on a CNC. I imported your 3d model into Rhino and drew a section through the rad and all is ok see attached image. Do you have MOI with your licence...
  13. H

.iges/.stp import fails - no faces to stitch

Look at the bottom of this page http://www.alibre.com/products/mainpage.asp 2d Import and Export are DXF/DWG only. Mark.
  14. H

Part problems in new version of AD!!!!

What version have you updated from, I've had this problem in the past but not in the last few version. Alibre seems to work in decimetres integrally and sometime it scales parts by 10 when it's not supposed to. Are the parts imported or native GM parts. Mark edit I meant centimetres not...
  15. H

.stl files not looking so good :(

Here's an example of open a file using the mechanical setting and importing a file then convert to solid, the mechanical version would be more useful. Mark
  16. H

I just did a quick test using Rhino, export to stl and it looks quite good, see attached screen grab. The only real problem is it's 25.4 times too big, I don't know why the system units aren't used rather than assuming everyone works in inches. It would all work nicer if you could import the...
  17. H

One problem with the "Droid X Garmin Mount" is there are 2 identical meshes in the file, one on top of the other. I tried removing one of the meshes in Rhino but doing it manually I couldn't get it to work. Here's a screen grab from SprutCAM showing the 2 meshes. Mark.
  18. H

V16 Slow start ups and program freezes

Re: V16 Slow Here's a screen grab with Geomagic frozen. Task Manager show Geomagic at 00 on the CPU column also when this happen it pretty much freezes the computer. Do we assume this is some to do with the new licencing or something else. Mark
  19. H

V16 Slow start ups and program freezes

Anyone else having long waits at start up or while the program is running. Sometime I'm waiting at least a couple of minutes when I launch Geomagic, sometimes it starts ok but then takes 2 minutes for a part to open, even a new empty part. Also getting pauses where nothing will work, wait a...
  20. H

GM Version 16?

As there are now 2 versions of Design, Design-Full for newer Expert users and Design for old Expert users who have very few of the add ons, will us old timers pay less maintenance in the future. I hope so because it always felt unfair to pay your maintenance every year for 12 years and have all...