What's new

Search results

1. B

Sketch during section view

I cannot understand the logic behind the features (or lack thereof) within this program. I'm trying to draw a sketch within a part, but I need to be in a section view. I can turn on the section view that I need, then enter the sketch, but the section view automatically turns off. Is this...
  2. B

Use line or point to constrain a sketch

I'm working in a sketch. I project a point from another sketch. Then I constrain part of my current sketch to that point, but then it moves. Why does the point that I projected from another sketch move? How can I constrain a sketch relative to another feature, line, or point within the design?
  3. B

Leaving the Generate Bar at the End

Every time I edit a feature or a sketch, the Generate Bar (or whatever it's called) moves just below that feature or sketch and stays there when I'm done editing it. Then I have to pull it back down to the bottom. How can I edit features and sketches without the bar constantly moving up the...
  4. B

Use Different Parts of the Same Sketch

Sometimes I include items in a single sketch that are meant for various things. Some examples would be: Extruding in two directions. Extruding a boss with part of the sketch, and a cut with another part of the sketch. Extruding multiple cuts from the same sketch to different depths. I...
  5. B

Extrude a Sketch Both Directions

I know that "Dual Depth" is an option in the Extrude command window, but this only allows depths of specified distances. How can I extrude the same sketch both directions up to different surfaces or bodies? Or possibly up to a surface in one direction and a certain distance in the other direction?
  6. B

Extrude but not Merge

How can I extrude a sketch in a part, but not have it join or merge with the rest of the part? Essentially making multiple bodies in the same part? Thanks.