What's new

Search results

1. IMAhobbyist

Cleaning Blunt Thread Ends

This project started out with cut threads before I realized the bottles this was intended to mate to appear to use a course Helix Boss (thread) similar to what I ended up with.
  2. IMAhobbyist

Agree, don't ask me how; apparently I've been overlooking the Taper function in helix up until now.
  3. IMAhobbyist

Believe what I've settled upon is lofting an end taper between sketch created on a plane at helix end and another some mm away. This was mostly an exercise for feature of visual aesthetic, however I may attempt to use it at some point while displacing thread from a tube end on my "crudely" made...
  4. IMAhobbyist

From what I have now observed the advanced helix flatten feature changes the start/end helix pitch and transition angle? Which wasn't apparent to me until now. My desire is to make a taper or point to the end of the helix. If it's not already obvious let me say I am a self taught CAD...
  5. IMAhobbyist

Thank you, gave that a quick try using the end of the helix as a new plane and it got me close to what I desired.
  6. IMAhobbyist

Am working with a tube which doesn't offer enough end surface for a good chamfer. This "eye candy" when printed mates quite well with the cheap plastic bottles it is designed to interface with. Was hoping something in the Advanced Tab on Helix would smooth the top of this helix shown.
  7. IMAhobbyist

When creating threads for printing via the helix method, how does one taper or smooth out the end from blunt ? Haven't quite figured out the advanced tab features in helix if that's related. Alibre Atom
  8. IMAhobbyist

filament printer

This video addresses the blending in of flex resins, however if an object merely bends more without breaking, does that equate to stronger? Often see suggestion of FDM printing ABS for strength. I don't have an all metal hotend, couple that with the smell of ABS, never got around to that. PETG...
  9. IMAhobbyist

Training

If you're new to Atom, you might be interested in watching this tutorial series. With exception of IMAGE TRACE, .DWG, .DXF Export, and whatever else I'm forgetting, Cubify Invent was a predecessor and behavior is similar enough to offer understanding. Sadly the save file formats are also different.
  10. IMAhobbyist

Scale ? For .DXF Export In Atom

Thank you all
  11. IMAhobbyist

The view scale is 1:1. I am using 8.5" X 11" sheet to print only the front view and suspect it must rescale to allow for top, front, side ? Everything I design is in mm, yet I find if I add "show dimensions" to the print, they are inches, is there a way to correct this to mm?
  12. IMAhobbyist

Currently get a 1:2 default ratio for .dxf export which I change to 1:1 each time while checking the box to set as default, yet subsequent exports revert back to 1:2. Why, what am I likely misunderstanding?
  13. IMAhobbyist

Everyone happy with the new version so far?

As a Hobbyist utilizing Atom I'm many pay grades below the majority here, that said if the old smaller cursor were offered as menu option and ability to cut predefined threads similar with feature to what Fusion360 offers, my life's quest would be fulfilled.
  14. IMAhobbyist

v23 - Request Thread

Atom3D Alibre by IMAhobbyist posted Oct 21, 2020 at 10:59 PM 1) Sketch arc options as shown 2) Option to select between old and new sketch cursor 3) Functional threads tool
  15. Alibre

Alibre