What's new

Search results

1. E

Changing the Light Source

Changing the Light Source I have Alibre Design Professional - Is it possible to change the light position, or add more lights where I want them, within a 3D model? Regards
  2. E

Lofting a Rotating Cut

Lofting a Rotating Cut I am attempting to cut-loft a geometry of length 4.6 inches, but the cut must rotate 20 degrees along the length of the cut. Also, the cut line path is not straight between workplanes. It follows the directional path [.147, -.026...
  3. E

Invalid DXF output

Invalid DXF output Greetings: I have been exporting Alibre drawings to DXF. But when I try to open the drawing in Acad it says -Invalid or Incomplete DXF input -- drawing discarted -. Does anybody have any idea of how to fix this or what's going...
  4. E

The Alibre 500

Congratulations, I am still reading post #133. But no doubt much usefull information. Stick around.
  5. E

Lines too light

Thank you Miles, This controls the line width. How wide it will appear on the drawing. Thought you can use this to make the lines appear darker in the drawing what I want is to control how dark the intensity of the lines appear. In Autocad the easy way is to change this is in the print...
  6. E

Lines too light

Lines too light Greetings People: I am having some problems printing dwg's in 2-D mode. I have been using the standard templates. When I print, in some templates, most of the lines come in too light. You can hardly see the drawing. I opened...
  7. E

Editing the Revision Box

Yes, you have to explode the border (template) and then you can go in and edit every field individually. I was wondering if it could be done in a spreadsheet type format or in a block which you can specify the revision it is, description, date, etc and then not having to align to the existing...
  8. E

Editing the Revision Box

Editing the Revision Box Hi guys, how you edit the description, revision and all that in the revision box? Is it as quirty as I'm doing it or is there an easy way write in the revisions box and modify the information?
  9. E

Slow in Dwg Mode

Yes clark, I have noticed that. It is really anoying if Windows is paging memory when it has some available. Sometimes assemblies are running slow and there is about 250Mb of RAM available. I'm wondering if its saving it for other applications.
  10. E

Slow in Dwg Mode

What is worse, every time you do a detail view for an assembly drawing, AD will generated a specific assembly just for that view. Now, I don't know if its a complete assembly (complete assembly x n views) but you can go in and delete and suppress parts that you don't want to show in that...
  11. E

Recycling PC's - Anyone Done It?

Your bios will determine if you can install Windows for a specific computer in your computer. Yeah, if you need a serious machine to work on don't go out and assemble it from parts. If you just want to play around, yeah, put it together and see what you get.