What's new

Search results

1. nenad

Alibre under Linux?

Large corporations will have no headache. They will deploy Windows 11 Enterprise, on certified hardware, and employees will have to use it as it is. Issues might be with smaller business and freelancers, but they'll do the same thing, more or less. I doubt any of them will stop using Windows...
  2. nenad

Anyone running Alibre on a VM thru Linux?

Here's a video of some test workflow https://odysee.com/@engineering:c/alibre_virt_machine:4
  3. nenad

Large(?) Assembly Opening Time

Maybe also to use subassemblies with simple configuration (e.g. suppressing bolts, washers, toothed parts...)
  4. nenad

How is WINE support in 2021?

I tested this with Crossover and got the same 3513 error. Installation completed without issues, so this might be something that could be worked out. I was hoping that copying license data from other machine to local folder would bypass this error, but nothing changed
  5. nenad

Anyone running Alibre on a VM thru Linux?

I tried it few times in various VMs without GPU passthrough, and it was always unusable. Today I tried Atom v27 in VMWare Player (17.5) and it works quite well, much better than anything I've tried before (VMWare player, Virtualbox, KVM/QMU). I tried some mid-complex model, simple assembly and...
  6. nenad

Alibre under Linux?

That's also one of the good (unique) things about Linux - it can be customized to fit specific needs, e.g. CAD. Just like Valve did it with Deck. So in theory, Alibre could work with e.g. System76 to create CAD workstation which would be tested (& certified). Of course, it will probably work on...
  7. nenad

Alibre under Linux?

As others have mentioned, Linux is not platform for professional CAD. Though in my opinion, it's not (just) the CAD and Linux desktop issue, but everything else that comes with the job, such as PDM/PLM software, 3rd party add-ons (CAM, rendering, simulation...), suppliers' software (e.g. Festo...
  8. nenad

Announcing Subscriptions

Hello, Even though I prefer permanent licenses in general, I think in some cases it's good to have subscription offer as well. Especially as a monthly option (unlike e.g. Onshape). It might be useful if someone needs temporary license for limited time (additional project, temporary employee...
  9. nenad

How is WINE support in 2021?

Has anyone tried and succeded in instaling Alibre via Steam Proton?