What's new

Search results

1. S

AtomFem? Open source Fem - based on devDept Eyeshot V10

Seriouly, I don´t understand how you will do a propper FEA program without knowing a lot of FEA, and the internals of the solver that you want to use. All the programmers that I know that they made a preprocessor, they where very power users of the solver (and not only one, several solvers and...
  2. S

Prepomax now is a preprocessor for Calculix... but if you manage to join to the Prepomax team and add support to other solvers as OpenRadioss or Code_Aster you will became a hero! All solver are more or less the same, they need an input file with the mesh and bc, so the preprocessor has a part...
  3. S

I have experience using PrePoMax, you only need to export your geometries from Alibre as STEP and then load in Prepomax. Then in Prepomax is as with any FEA program, you define your mesh, material, boundary conditions, loads and solve. It have also an advisor mode where it guides you to perform...
  4. S

You can export your Alibre models to Prepomax saving as STEP
  5. S

Most of the available open source FEA solver are well suited for static or thermal analysis, some of them incorporate modal and dynamic procedures as well, but I don´t know any that can do impact or crash simulations in the same way as OpenRadioss, that´s why it would be interesting.
  6. S

That´s very interesting project. Can I ask you what mesher and solvers will you use? Today there are very good FEA programs well stablished, but there is a "new" very powerfull solver that lacks of a usefull/easy to use prepostprocessor, and maybe if you start from scratch you could choose it...
  7. S

Must have software for STEP/BREP topology debugging.

Never use that feature.
  8. S

I use CAD Assistant from OpenCascade too for quick visualization of stp/igs files. It allow me to see the product structure also in case of assemblies.
  9. S

Did you solve bad setp geometries with Analysis Situs, or just to figure out where are the wrongs parts of the models?
  10. S

FreeCAD? I was able to defeature fillets/chamfers/holes razonably well with FreeCAD, and also deleting wrong faces and recreating a patch using curves and edges to make it a valid solid again. It complements very well for users like me that I have only Alibre Atom3d
  11. S

Coil Spring

I have modeled in Solidedge and Solidworks deformable springs. The trick is define the coil with a constant number of turns, and relate the total height to the available space in the assembly, so when this space change, the height f the spring is updated but keeping the same number of turns...
  12. S

Alibre Stamped Sheet Metal Parts

Is there a way to model the surfaces directly and then apply the thickness operation? That´s the way that I did for this kind of parts with other CADs
  13. S

CAM ( actually FEA )

I agree, I use it for years.
  14. S

Freelancers?

Of course, feel free to contact me!
  15. S

In need of CAD designer

Hi Rob, feel free to contact me in case you need CAD modeling support.
  16. S

Release: Frame Builder V2_1

Thanks!
  17. S

Release: Frame Builder V2_1

Can be used in Alibre Atom?
  18. S

Looking for experienced Alibre user to outsource my work to.

Hi, have sent you a private message. Regards
  19. S

Preprocessing for FEA

Have seen Strand7 in the past, meshing capacities looks interesting.