What's new

Search results

1. M

Better error display

You mean you guys did not get your Decoder ring mine is turning my finger green :lol: I am not all that happy with the constraints why can you not pick the 3 planes with out being over constrained??? I end up using 2 planes and then one of the Axis to get a part fully constrained... :evil:
  2. M

Inserting Centrelines ?

Re: You are right by no means is it a deal breaker. I do not know how hard of a change it would be for Alibre to incorporate this feature. The work around I am doing with the mirror works fine. Only down side is if you have a lot of...
  3. M

Sheet Metal Parts mirror?

Not sure but I would try.... Make a Ref line on the edge you want to mirror on. Mirror the geometry convert the old geometry to construction lines or arcs which ever they may be.
  4. M

Inserting Centrelines ?

I guess I should have been more specific or give a Pro-E/Solid Works/Inventor/Solid Edge example. If I were to draw a center line in sketch mode then Dimension from feature and cross the center line it would know I am doing a Dia. Part and change the dim. In Alibre if I want to represent a Dia...
  5. M

Inserting Centrelines ?

I feel your pain. The majority of my drawings are revolved parts the only work around I have been doing is drawing one side then making a ref line and mirroring the drawing so then it knows they are equal distances apart. From there I change the mirrored side to reference geometry (because I am...
  6. M

Weld Gap

I never really showed the gap I would make the assembly drawing with the end result in mind. But mostly because the shop knew how much gap to use depending on the weld call out.
  7. M

Spreadsheet Link

I do a save as for both the part and the spread sheet and modify it that way. Kind of a pain but seems to work. What would be nice is if in Alibre you could right click in the part tree the excell sheet and know that it is there and modify it. As it is now you know no idea there is even a spread...
  8. M

Spreadsheet Link

I went threw this as well this weekend. Very cumbersome but I ended up saving the spread sheet each time and yes re linking. I planed on calling today to see if they have a better solution. If I get any positive feed back I will post it as well.
  9. M

Part Configurations?

Part Configurations? Is there a way like in SolidWorks to build multiple configurations of a part like a ANSI Flange.