What's new

Search results

1. E

How to parameterize patterns in scetches / fillets not working on round shapes?

Nope, the pipetest above was done in Atom from scratch. (You can edit everything, it's just four sketches on construction planes that got lofted). (Lofting sketches is technically what I do in CadQuery, too. There the generation of the sketches is just additionally parametric (so one can provide...
  2. E

Thanks for testing! Found out by now that fillets can indeed be added to some of the outer curved edges - but only with super tiny radius of 0.01mm or something. It is non-obvious to me why only such small radii work - up to 2.5mm (so 1/2 the width of the border) should be no problem?
  3. E

Think I will continue to use CadQuery for the actual modeling, to keep it fully parametric. But Atom is a great option to derive 2D drawings! Bonus question: Is it possible to reload a STEP file with a keyboard shortcut (optimally with the same import options)? If yes then one could use Alibre...
  4. E

Ultrabook suitable?

Considering to get a convertible ultrabook (e.g. something 1165g7 or 5800u based), mainly for the compactness, (lack of) weight, battery life and digitizer support that many of these more compact models have. Has anybody tried one of these with Alibre? Is the onboard GPU sufficient for simple to...
  5. E

Hi Alibre community! Finally gave in and bought an Alibre Atom license. Have been demoing the full version for some time earlier this year and decided that even though the full version is very tempting, Atom should also be suitable for iterating on ideas for now. As one of the first tests I...