What's new

Search results

1. P

Yet another sweep issue...

Dear Alibre Colleagues Greetings from damp and windy Cymru. Some of you may recall my question some time ago about a pyramid coil for a cowl to keep Herring Gulls from nesting on our chimney. Happily, that idea has been taken up by a blacksmith and will be implemented in steel in due course...
  2. P

Pyramid coil?

Good Morning from a frosty Wales I am attempting, but not succeeding, in the drawing of a pyramid. However, is is not an Egyption style solid pyramid, but a rectangular coil pyramid. The 'why' may help to explain. We have solar PV on our roof and have recently had the unused chimney capped...
  3. P

Spiral Woes

Hi Friends It is some time since I have been working with Atom due to rather a lot of real world 3D projects. However, I have now come up with a scheme that needs to be drawn before implementation. The problem is that living in Cymru near the coast, Herring Gulls and the like do enjoy nesting...
  4. P

Atom 3D sheet metal features like 'flange'

Hi Folks Back to the drawing boards after something of a Covid break. I now want to draw up the casing for a small monotube steam boiler. That means I will need to be adding flanges to the four side panels (assuming the design goes best that way) with which to screw the bits together. I...
  5. P

Newbie Pyramid Builder Seeks Insights

Hi Folks I'm not actually building a pyramid, but moving towards a drawing of the front steps of the badly build 1930s UK house in which I live. The steps have walls down each side and when the builder repaired the steps he also put capping stones on the end pillars (See photo). These are...
  6. P

Not quite knurling

Hi Everyone Sorry to be throwing questions all the time but another thing that has foxed me is the area of knurling and similar 'gripable' finishes. I have found the posting from 2015 on knurling and think I will perhaps leave that for another time and project. However the cycle cable...
  7. P

Threads

Hi Friends Having binged on the useful videos produced by Ken and others, my confidence in using Atom has been greatly increased. I was wondering about drawing threads and then stumbled across Fred's video on the topic. So clear and so simple. Anybody can do it. So I did, having a couple of...
  8. P

Copyright Issues

Hi Folks This is a question for the Legal Eagles I suspect, but probably has some relevance to many of the folk on this site. I recently (December 2021) bought Alibre Atom 3D and am in the process of trying to learn to use it. I am in the seriously wrinkly home user category and have a...
  9. P

Extending a finished part

Hi Folks I have a small problem that ought to be easy to fix but I have not found a way to do it yet. The part is a simple plate into which a number of holes have been 'drilled'. As I have been drawing the next part that goes into the plate I realised that I have forgotten that the plate need...
  10. P

Sweep - preparation and execution

Hi Folks Having now mastered (probably) the most important bits of the sketch mode functions and the addition and hiding (but not removal) of planes I am attempting to move on to Sweep The file attached is a rather tacky tracing of the lines of a boat. They are all placed on planes spaced at...
  11. P

Moving a wrong point in a drawing.

I have been tracing a drawing that is a poor quality photocopy. On occasion the pop up references for the line have obscured the drawing and I have thus placed the next point in the line in the wrong place. In my other CAD program one just changes the cursor mode, grabs the point and then...