What's new

Search results

1. Old Geeser

Constraint for came follower

That is a cool work around Ken226. Thanks for the lesson. Karl
  2. Old Geeser

Coil Spring

This forum has been such a wonderful resource for me that it seem I owe you all a link to view my project. It is a 1939 John Deere B engine. I plan to build a miniature model of it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w7CMk1BY2xDRNGK5h3wf9hCKFxPjp25J/view?usp=sharing
  3. Old Geeser

Make Flexable

This forum has been such a wonderful resource for me that it seem I owe you all a link to view my project. It is a 1939 John Deere B engine. I plan to build a miniature model of it. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w7CMk1BY2xDRNGK5h3wf9hCKFxPjp25J/view?usp=sharing
  4. Old Geeser

Make Flexable

Is it possible to have multiple sub assemblies "made flexable" in a single assembly? I have this and when I make one sub-assembly "make flexable" then the other one that was flexable now no longer allows movement. Is there a rule that you can only have one sub assembly "made flexable" at a...
  5. Old Geeser

Coil Spring

Very Cool, Miles. Did you use the scripts?
  6. Old Geeser

Arc start, end, radius

.Adam is the least expensive version of Alibre
  7. Old Geeser

Coil Spring

Oh' I just loaded the file in Alibre and it works. Wow what impressive design! Segmented and all. Now it just needs to recoil when pressure is released. Still one impressive design. I have I have to have a closer look.
  8. Old Geeser

Coil Spring

Thanks, Stephen, for the VLC recommendation. I downloaded it and installed it. I've had it on other systems I've owned and have been happy with it. I am not clear on who built the spring in the video, or on what system. Is it adaptable to Alibre in any way? Karl
  9. Old Geeser

Coil Spring

Wow That is Georgius!! Thanks for resending in.mp4,
  10. Old Geeser

Arc start, end, radius

I think it is not available with Adam, but is with Design and up.
  11. Old Geeser

Coil Spring

Thanks Francesco, but I really wanted to make an animated model of an engine with opening and closing valves as I turned the flywheel.
  12. Old Geeser

Coil Spring

Is there any way to model spring behavior in an assembly?
  13. Old Geeser

Coil Spring

If you model a coil spring, will it behave like a spring in an assembly in design? Compressing and returning to normal state after pressure is released? Thanks Karl
  14. Old Geeser

Assemblies - sub-Assemblies

In doing a little research I get the idea that is possible to get one component to continuously rotate. But I'm getting conflicting ideas of whether not I have this feature in Design or do I need to have Expert to get it. It looks like it has some way to set a calculation for the number of...
  15. Old Geeser

It Works!!! That is soooo cool David. Thanks! Karl
  16. Old Geeser

I am trying to learn Alibre assemblies so I can animate an engine I designed years ago. I created a sub-assembly of the of the piston and rod (with lots of help from David on this forum) and it works great in the sub-assembly, but when I insert the sub-assembly into the final-assembly I no...
  17. Old Geeser

I can not get in 2D mode when in New Part.

If you are new then forget about working in the drawing workspace (it's for creating drawings, as opposed to a part). Start a new part by clicking on "activate a new sketch" in the upper left corner of the page. You will notice a small down arrow carrot in the lower right corner of this icon...
  18. Old Geeser

Help with assembly.

Thanks so much DavidJ. I can see where you have made so many constraints such as moving things to planes. Everything is just how I wanted it to be, now I just have to study how you accomplished it. There were so many questions that I had such as how to center the rod in the piston, can a...
  19. Old Geeser

Help with assembly.

I have an engine that I made years ago in Autocad and would like to animate it in alibre. I am having some issues understanding animation constraints. Can someone show me the correct way to constraint this piston/rod assembly, so the rod is in the middle of the piston and flops back and forth...
  20. Old Geeser

Load an AutoCAD solid to Alibre

You guys (and Gals?) who are proficient at this are so lucky to be able to create the world, then sit back and see what your creation looks like and with a little more effort see the interaction between the moving parts!! When I started, we drew all the parts with a T square and triangles...