What's new

Search results

1. S

Extrude cut lid

I understand the process now. Thanks!
  2. S

Extrude cut lid

I am using those lines to make the inner part of the lid though and for the outer lip. I can't make them reference lines because then that causes issues with the previous steps from what I understand.
  3. S

Extrude cut lid

I am trying to make a lid but alibre does not allow extrusions of pieces of sketches as far as I can tell and because of that I don't know how to accomplish what I want. Right now this lid is 10mm thick. I would like to cut the red part down so that the green thickness is 2mm. The wall...
  4. S

SVG Import Anomaly

Thanks! I'll give rhino a try too. That is probably a better tool for this particular task given that this is a bracelet pendant.
  5. S

SVG Import Anomaly

Where can I find padstring? I'm not seeing it using the setting search box in inkspace global preferences.
  6. S

SVG Import Anomaly

I'm trying to do some vector graphics work. I have drawn a logo using inkscape. It's scaled properly there so it is about 15x15mm square. This is the logo and how it appears in inkscape. The problem is when I import it to a sketch in alibre, the "E" in "Alert" gets moved way over to the left...
  7. S

Using existing Alibre part as a guide for designing another part?

It appears to not be possible to constrain unless 1 additional dimensions is added. I got it working though after adding that. Is there are way to rename a part in an assembly? I'm trying to rename a part while editing it in the assembly.
  8. S

Here's a file using the top down method instead. It's not clear to me why the bracket sketch is not fully constrained. I don't really want to have to specify a length for the other sections if it can be avoided because they aren't values you'd be measuring/entering if you changed things later.
  9. S

I'm using Alibre V26 Expert. I imported an STL which is a bracket. It does not fit the light housing I drew in Alibre. I would like to create a new bracket from scratch in Alibre. If I want to view the light housing at the same time as I am drawing the new bracket, must I make an assembly...
  10. S

Center an Imported Step File on the Origin

I imported the attached step file. I'm trying to get it centered on the origin in Alibre. The position it was imported to by default is offset from the origin. What is the best way to reorient it so it is centered on the origin? This is the first step file I have worked with in Alibre.
  11. S

Aligning sketch with feature surface

Do you know why selecting parallel results in an over-constraint warning? I was trying parallel instead of collinear. I was also trying to mirror the sketch into the bottom right corner. Drawing a diagonal line and mirroring across it doesn't result in the drawn rectangle appearing in the...
  12. S

Aligning sketch with feature surface

Is there a way to begin drawing on the surface of a feature and have your drawing snap to the edges of the extruded feature? For example, I made a cube in the attached file in v26 expert. I am trying to draw another rectangle on the surface of the extruded cube and will use it to remove a piece...
  13. S

Mirror a feature on 1 face to opposite face

I am using V26. I believe it is centered on the origin. I started the sketch at the origin before extruding it into the feature that's there now.
  14. S

Here is another version of the file with the yellow sketch drawn in. It turns out to not be useful because it doesn't appear once out of sketch mode.
  15. S

I made a cylindrical feature on the left side, highlighted in blue, as shown in the screenshot. I am trying to mirror it onto the right side of the rectangular piece. The only way I can think of doing it is to draw a rectangle as shown in yellow and put a construction line through the middle...
  16. S

Editing Mirrored Sketch?

Are you recommending the circular mount points on the housing be done in a separate sketch after the extrude (on the plane of the extruded surface)? The reason I had added the circles for the mount points is I was just going to extrude a bit extra above the outside profile loop. I suppose it...
  17. S

Editing Mirrored Sketch?

I see what you mean about editing the sketch and just using the mirror command a 2nd time on the new segment. I was able to mirror the half circles into complete circles by doing mirror a 2nd time. I'll work on going through the training videos to get more familiar with everything. What I was...
  18. S

Editing Mirrored Sketch?

I may be approaching this the wrong way since I was using fusion previously. Maybe there is no timeline and I should be doing this differently.
  19. S

Editing Mirrored Sketch?

How would I edit the number of mirrored items in a sketch? Say I select 3 line segments and mirror them. Later I realize I should have selected a 4th segment when I did the initial 3 segment mirror. How do I go back and edit the mirror so that it includes 4 segments instead of 3? Additionally...