What's new

Search results

1. S

Extrude cut lid

I am trying to make a lid but alibre does not allow extrusions of pieces of sketches as far as I can tell and because of that I don't know how to accomplish what I want. Right now this lid is 10mm thick. I would like to cut the red part down so that the green thickness is 2mm. The wall...
  2. S

SVG Import Anomaly

I'm trying to do some vector graphics work. I have drawn a logo using inkscape. It's scaled properly there so it is about 15x15mm square. This is the logo and how it appears in inkscape. The problem is when I import it to a sketch in alibre, the "E" in "Alert" gets moved way over to the left...
  3. S

Using existing Alibre part as a guide for designing another part?

I'm using Alibre V26 Expert. I imported an STL which is a bracket. It does not fit the light housing I drew in Alibre. I would like to create a new bracket from scratch in Alibre. If I want to view the light housing at the same time as I am drawing the new bracket, must I make an assembly...
  4. S

Center an Imported Step File on the Origin

I imported the attached step file. I'm trying to get it centered on the origin in Alibre. The position it was imported to by default is offset from the origin. What is the best way to reorient it so it is centered on the origin? This is the first step file I have worked with in Alibre.
  5. S

Aligning sketch with feature surface

Is there a way to begin drawing on the surface of a feature and have your drawing snap to the edges of the extruded feature? For example, I made a cube in the attached file in v26 expert. I am trying to draw another rectangle on the surface of the extruded cube and will use it to remove a piece...
  6. S

Mirror a feature on 1 face to opposite face

I made a cylindrical feature on the left side, highlighted in blue, as shown in the screenshot. I am trying to mirror it onto the right side of the rectangular piece. The only way I can think of doing it is to draw a rectangle as shown in yellow and put a construction line through the middle...
  7. S

Editing Mirrored Sketch?

How would I edit the number of mirrored items in a sketch? Say I select 3 line segments and mirror them. Later I realize I should have selected a 4th segment when I did the initial 3 segment mirror. How do I go back and edit the mirror so that it includes 4 segments instead of 3? Additionally...