What's new

Search results

1. W

License check failed due to invalid system date. (SOLVED)

This is the error I get when trying to enter Alibre Design. It was working perfectly yesterday. The error screen had an EXIT icon and a question mark icon. Clicking on the question mark I did as suggested. I verified I had the correct date, then toggled to a different time zone and back, but got...
  2. W

Drawing - how to dimension from middle of line to middle of arc (SOLVED)

In a drawing I'm trying to dimension from the middle of a line to the middle of an arc. The attached file shows a rocker for a doll cradle. For the people making these toy rockers, a radius of 15 29/32" doesn't help them. I created the arc by establishing a point the was 2 1/8" perpendicular to...
  3. W

Creating a groove between two mortises - assigning points and using them

I have a project where I need to create a groove (to hold a panel) between two mortises. I know I can create a rectangle on the face, and with dimensions and constraints, have it run from mortise to mortise and use extrude cut to create the groove. I've done this already. What seems more...
  4. W

Unable to create ref points in Assembly mode in Design Pro

I've been trying to create a reference point using two point interpolation in assembly mode with no luck. 1. I select Point under References 2. The Insert Point screen pops up. 3. A note pops up to enter coordinates or select source geometry. 4. I select the geometry, in this case a beam. 5...
  5. W

Boolean subtraction in Alibre Pro

I am using Atom3D and am mulling over upgrading to Alibre Pro. A question regarding Boolean operations. If I had two boards at right angles to each other (think dovetailing or mortise and tenons), and had tails or tenons on one board, could I use Boolean subtractions to form the pins or the...
  6. W

Better way for dovetails?

In sketch mode in Atom3D, how do you start a line from another line at a prescribed distance? I'm trying to model a dovetailed case. I'm showing one side, but I'm not satisfied with how it is working out. I made the attachment by sketching 1/4 of it, extruding it and mirroring twice. My issue is...
  7. W

Part Motion Within an Assembly - Atom 3D, and an Animation

I have an assembly of a tablesaw sled I am modelling (sled assembly a) and have a question about part motion within the assembly. In the picture, the gray part is the sled base. The colored pieces are part of what I call the t track assembly. The green and yellow parts are part of the stop block...
  8. W

No Quick Constraints in Atom 3D - Fixed

Admin Edit - "Quick Constraint" is a concept from older versions of the software. The functionality of the old Quick Constraint tool has been brought into the unified assembly constraint tool that is in the software today, so all levels of AD / Atom have that functionality. There is no longer a...