What's new

Search results

1. F

"Next" release for GMD

Rumors are that a new Alibre release is coming very soon.....
  2. F

"Next" release for GMD

A bunch of people will not be renewing their license when renewal time is up if they are seen as at least fixing current issues my 2c etc K
  3. F

Insert Text on a part

bigseb Is that a Creatbot in your avatar ? K
  4. F

Insert Text on a part

5. F

Insert Text on a part

What is the easiest way to insert text on a part, ie a specific font ? It is so I can raise the text on a 3D printed part Thanks f
  6. F

Mirror the folds in Sheet Metal

I have a bracket which I need both a RH and LH bend. One tab side got a bunch of holes and the other opposing side has no holes. Is there a way I can reverse the folding in GM ? When I open and edit the flange, the "reverse" box is greyed out. I was hoping to just have one part to edit and...
  7. F

Renew or Not?

The issue with software is that if you don't continuously improve, your are pretty dead as the competition will catch up pretty dam fast and overtake you. And GM doesn't seem to be improving much...... Just my 2c from the side line
  8. F

Dwg Image insert

Look under sheets and views in the drawing and click image :-)
  9. F

API or spreadsheet driven design

I have successfully drawn a number of parts and included these in an assembly (all in Wizo, Excel) It all updates just nicely and works as it should. Next step is to have a bunch of conditional parts drawn in the assembly (ie, if length is longer than x, then use M8x50 hex bolts instead of...
  10. F

Is support for sheet metal something that is likely to be implemented in the future ? Kim
  11. F

In Wizo, if I want to use Sheet-metal instead of parts, what is the reference this works just fine aPart = Part("Washer") This doesn't work aSheetmetalpart = Sheetmetal("Washer") I can't find any reference to sheet metal in the documentation Thanks Kim
  12. F

Andy This is NOT about creating a design/product from scratch but to automate an existing known design. So with regards to 1 and 2, yes I do know the names in advance as when I create a part I can look at in Geomagic and see the part and face names etc and then use these. When the part is...
  13. F

After a part had been created, is here a way to save the parts and close it from Wizo ? Thanks Kim
  14. F

in that case the following should work: Create an assembly by hand and enter all the constrains/relationships and have Wizo re-generate each parts with the same part name Cheers Kim
  15. F

Been playing around Wizo quite a bit and so far it is absolutely wonderful. I've a product where I enter a bunch of critical dimensions in a spreadsheet and Wizo reads these values and based on these it creates a bunch of parts in various configurations and this working just fine :D Here is...
  16. F

oops, my bad. Updated to latest version and all is fine Thanks Kim
  17. F

Hi Just tried the "Useful Dialog" example and it fails on Win 10. >>> Traceback (most recent call last): File "<string>", line 3, in <module> AttributeError: 'Windows' object has no attribute 'InfoDialog' >>> Kim
  18. F

Okay, what, if any, limitations are there with Wizo ? I'm just trying to get a handle on anything I shouldn't really try Thanks for any insight Kim
  19. F

Great, Script has been updated. Thanks a bunch. Kim
  20. F

Ha, about the only one option I didn't try was 0 in the height. Any other option but 0 in the height field and it fails to index the width correctly. No great drama as I'm only playing around with Wizo to get my head around it. Kim