What's new

Search results

1. M

Plasticity 3d - The new kid in the block

I wish the same as well. Would be nice to have internal functionality. Alibre is very good about supporting outside surfacing tools though, for which I am very greatful. I guess they can also focus more on their core competencies. Surfacing is kind of niche until we need it, so it's not the end...
  2. M

Nick just recently signed a deal with XNURBS to include it as part of Plasticity. I think XNURBS is around $400 as an addon for Rhino. Plasticity Studio is still hovering at $300. Pretty good deal if you're doing oddball inlets or manifolds for an engine. New functionality is still in Beta.
  3. M

Model railway roof curves

Put some curves together. I forgot about how specific the lofting setup needs to be. I've been so used to not worrying about tolerances, curve polarities, degrees, etc. Would be good to see screenshots of the curves and loft menu for some of us that are off a few versions. This one's a good...
  4. M

I've been out of the loop for several months, so someone else could chime in. I'm running an older version of Studio. I can import a multi-body using IGES on default settings right now. I haven't tested .parasolid format but theoretically it should be the best as the conversion does not...
  5. M

Yeah, it's not for everyone, and most folks here make industrial type things with extruded cylinders and blocks...drilled and filleted. It is a tool in my box, but not necessary for everything. Yes, parasolid is kind of hyer than thou. The main difference one might notice is it's crazy ability...
  6. M

How to create a parting line for a non-symmetry part to make the core and cavity of the injection mold by Alibre feature?

It is an option if you have already completed your design in Alibre. Plasticity is meant for artists, not engineers. It is doing well for its intended audience. The parasolid kernel allows it to do operations Alibre can't do (and isn't try to do) such as advanced surfacing and synchronous...
  7. M

How to create a parting line for a non-symmetry part to make the core and cavity of the injection mold by Alibre feature?

If Solidworks is out of your budget, this is a case where Plasticity would work really well. It can handle multiple bodies and sheets in context and you should be able to import your solids/sheets back to Alibre for further work. The main reason for me would be ease of use and strong booleans...
  8. M

Hello all, I second what Abhijit is saying about Plasticity being a complement and not a competitor to Alibre. Even though basic surfacing tools are available, Alibre's core focus is more towards solid modeling, leaving the customers the options to use Rhino or other surfacing software to...