What's new

Search results

1. U

License issues, Linux, VM and the future of Alibre

I'll chime in with Alibre runs fine with pci passthrough of a graphics card. On my desktop and laptop, I have two copies of windows installed. I have my linux install, which I use looking-glass for the nvidia card which is passed through. This is great for running Alibre and works well, so I...
  2. U

Solidworks Keyboard shortcuts + colors

I did a brief search, but didn't show anything related, and so, does anyone have a settings file with keyboard shortcuts and/or colors that match solidworks? I'm taking a CAD class in solidworks, and I redo the homework in Alibre, and I'd like stuff to match as closely as possible, without me...
  3. U

Who here uses M-Files Vault?

I can't wait for this honestly. I've tested a handful of tools and ended up on SVN for now to handle my revisions and make sure my work is backed up. Having a native tool will be great. Is it able to show differences or list them between versions of a file? Or am I not understanding what PDM is...
  4. U

Atom3D and threads for 3D printing

Thanks for the threads video. I was struggling with it as it works differently in solidworks. I successfully made a printed part mate with a PTFE tube fitting.
  5. U

Spacemouse Icons

I have jetbrains, so that’s perfect.
  6. U

Spacemouse Icons

This is what i was looking to achieve! Thanks! I’ll look into it.
  7. U

Alibre under Linux?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Only a suggestion if the idea was a path away from windows or osx. To each their own that suits their needs :)
  8. U

Alibre under Linux?

Appimages take most of that pain away, as do snaps. If you can afford it and want to dabble in linux, you can buy hp g3 sff desktops without ssds on ebay for $70 shipped. 128GB ssd is $10 or so on amazon. These run modern linux just fine. If you really like windows UI, there are some distros...
  9. U

Alibre under Linux?

Good morning all. Personally, I've been using Linux a really long time. I've been a professional software developer on linux for nearly the same amount of time. I love linux. I scream linux at babies in the super market. Right in their little faces. That said, I think the days of complex linux...
  10. U

Alibre under Linux?

I assume you were trying these programs in wine? Some applications will just never run, it's the way that it is. Did you try out a demo of codeweaver's crossover? It is often more stable. Did you check out lutris? They often have scripts that will make software that I couldn't get on my own to...
  11. U

Spacemouse Icons

Lastest software from them allows for icons :D
  12. U

Keyboard Shortcuts - V3.0 Add-On Available - see Resources

Looks like a streamdeck with more buttons. Stream deck normal has 15 buttons? XL has 24 @ $199 https://www.elgato.com/us/en/s/stream-deck-mobile for old tablet / phones.
  13. U

Spacemouse Icons

Hey there! I have a spacemouse compact, which is the rotatey doodad that is stationary. I'm trying to set the radial menus to do some common things like the line / arc / rectangle / dimension etc to help shave some time. I set shortcuts in Alibre, and was making macros in the connexion...
  14. U

Spacemouse Icons

Is there a set of SVGs or something that can be used with spacemouse? I'd like visuals that aren't freecad icons >:D Admin Edit: I've attached the icon set to this post for easier finding. This has been asked enough times over the years that might as well do it. ;D
  15. U

Anyone running Alibre on a VM thru Linux?

https://www.alibre.com/forum/index.php?threads/alibre-under-linux.24576/post-166011 I run it under a qemu, partially tuned from the directions on the arch page. I believe I linked everything needed to get GPU passthrough in qemu kvm working. Graphics performance is great. The looking-glass app...
  16. U

Export all configurations

Hi Simon! Thanks for the script! I'll give it a go and read the docs. On a side note, Bambu and Orca slicer are now using STEP as an import option (claiming better than STL) and saving their projects as 3mf (which is why I would like to use STEP).
  17. U

Version Control

I wonder if there is any update on the PDM portion.
  18. U

Export all configurations

Sorry, I got a little side tracked. I am looking to export everything to STEP files so that I can import them into my slicer. Ideally, I'd just like to click a button and have it dump them to a folder. I'll take a look at the scripting.
  19. U

Alibre under Linux?

Most likely need to look up a few libraries for newer Ubuntu, I didn't do a pull request for him, I'm lazy.
  20. U

Alibre under Linux?

https://www.amazon.com/BENFEI-Bi-directional-simultaneously-Compatible-Firestick/dp/B07DNB98HH/ref=sr_1_2?crid=242RXB0R06Z2P&keywords=benfei%2Bhdmi%2Bsplitter&qid=1697823131&sprefix=benfei%2Bhdmi%2Bsplitt%2Caps%2C86&sr=8-2&th=1...