What's new

Search results

1. B

Error Converting Imported STP to Sheet Metal - Bottom Edge Swapping to Top

I'm trying to convert .stp files to bent plate but it isn't going as expected. I have received STP files produced out of TEKLA Steel Structures. Tekla doesn't do a very good job at detailing bent plates hence why I'm trying to do the conversion. One of the files (p1312) did goas I expected...
  2. B

Flat Plate Part - Cutting Along Normal - Sheetmetal Parts With No Bends

Thanks for your reply Harold. After I thought about it more it makes sense to do it in sheet metal even a part without a bend for what I was trying to achieve.
  3. B

Flat Plate Part - Cutting Along Normal - Sheetmetal Parts With No Bends

I am modelling a plate part that will ultimately be cut out on a laser. This plate will be mounted ~30° diagonally against a R.12" cylinder. The plate is going to take on the radius of the cylinder and I want the plates edges to be 90° normal to surface. I assume that even though there is no...
  4. B

Help with sheetmetal pattern rotation

This works perfectly...I was trying to create a custom view but was trying to eyeball my part level but your first steps took care of that. Thank you for your tip.
  5. B

in an Assembly edit a part in separate window causes disassociation of constraints

This has been happening to me ever since I finally did an update from V21 to V27 (Full Version). What I found that fixes it until the next part edit is to go into any constraint say an offset type and just toggle between my offset value and either the ±.100 increment of the value and toggle...
  6. B

Dimensioning detail view

I just updated from V23 to V27 and it still gave me the same issue. However I used your clever work around and got the result I wanted. For me I was placing and angle dimension on a part that is sitting on the face of a square tube and it wants to take the angle line way outside of the detail...