What's new

Search results

1. P

File Management? Git? Something else? What are you using to stay sane?

As someone who has used a lot of different software over the years, I have not read the manual thoroughly yet. I do plan to peruse that though.
  2. P

We're I'm glad I started this thread! That's a good page and I never would have found it in the help. Thanks for the share!
  3. P

I feel like these are learned slowly, over time, and painfully. Any specific ones I should watch for? Also, does Alibre not look for parts in assemblies with relative paths? Or are the paths hardcoded full absolute paths?
  4. P

I'm very much so trying to avoid this. I saw a meme once about how every CAD user (I think it was actually KiCAD, but the principle follows) has a work directory filled with "Version 1.ext, Version 002.ext, VersionFINAL.ext, VersionFINAL002.ext" and it was a hilarious mess. I can't deal with...
  5. P

What do you make sure to export? So far I've been thinking at a bare minimum any STL(with STEP) files, technical drawings (if needed, not going to do a drawing if I've got the STEP), plus any documentation relevant to the product. I just saw in a YouTube tutorial that if an Alibre file is in a...
  6. P

I saw that while searching for solutions! Glad it's working for you. Any recommendations?
  7. P

I was thinking: 1. New part/Project: new git repo 2. Define MVP/README.txt/Measurements.txt/etc for keeping files organized 3. Start designing a part 4. When a part is "finalized" or sent off for review, commit the .ad_prt file 5. Repeat Does anyone else do this or something similar? I've...
  8. P

I'm more curious what people *have* been doing for 27 version instead of looking forward to first-release solutions. (Especially since I'm a new user who can't afford to upgrade this year)
  9. P

I'm trying to figure out my workflow with Alibre, as I've discovered I have a tendency to write over old versions and thus lose prior work when fiddling with dials and adjusting fit of certain designs. How do you all manage your workflows and designs? I'm coming from Fusion360 which...