What's new

Search results

1. C

Accessing Meta Data

So far I have had a positive experience with the Vault (M-files) system (with the exception of transfering data from the repository system). It has taken some effort to educate myself on the processes used but it is starting to pay off. However, I am finding a serious shortcoming. I have...
  2. C

Vault 5.0 better?

What's new and improved in Vault 5.0 besides being compatible with XP 64?
  3. C

Importing troubles ... need help

Importing troubles ... need help I have downloaded step (.stp) files from Hoffman, a manufacturer of electrical enclosures. When I try to import them thru Alibre I get an error message. I was wondering if anyone here might be able to try to import them or if anyone...
  4. C

V10 - Repository search is awesome!

V10 - Repository search is awesome! I just want to say thanks, Alibre!! :D The repository and the where used search features are really great! These were two of the request I personally made for the next upgrade and I just want to say that it is really nice to see...
  5. C

What should Alibre focus on?

What should Alibre focus on? I, like everyone else, am looking forward to the release of version 10. However, when I read about the enhancements made to Alibre in version 10 I feel that some of the new features they added are not that useful. I would rather...
  6. C

Anyone using Alibre design server on their LAN?

Anyone using Alibre design server on their LAN? We have three seats of Alibre and we share repositories. We have constantly had problems with disappearing repositories and not being able to log on to the Alibre server. We are thinking of installing the Alibre local server...
  7. C

Repository bug fixed-

Repository bug fixed- Just want to say thanks to Matt Milliken for expediting a bug fix for us. The repository has a bug that was causing revision comments to disappear after a save. I had posted a couple of support incidents over the last year with no...
  8. C

Suggestion for an API project...

Suggestion for an API project... If any programmers are interested...(I am not one) :( I have previously offered this as an enhancement but if anyone is willing this would be a good API project (IMHO)... We use the repository religiously for document control...
  9. C

A helpful little feature...

A helpful little feature... On the design Explorer Window to the left of the screen it would be nice to have a minimize / maximize arrow (button) like the ones I've seen in other software with a similar window. This would allow one to quickly close the Design...
  10. C

How do I modify section features in 2D drawing?

How do I modify section features in 2D drawing? I have a section view in a drawing which I would like to modify a bit. I would like to stretch the arrows a bit further away from the part and I would like to reposition the section letters. Does anyone know how to accomplish...
  11. C

Motion problem...

Motion problem... I know motion is new so I don't expect there to be many experts around but if you are interested see if you can solve this one... http://www.alibre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16562#16562
  12. C

Motion Problem...

Motion Problem... See if you can solve this motion problem... The model is just a simple assembly for testing purposes... The green cam slides up and down in its pocket. The red cam follower moves horizontally when the cam passes by. Assume that...
  13. C

Repository question

Repository question In my repository I have folders to organize parts and assemblies. I have Assembly_1 located in Folder_A which contains parts from Folder_B. I then create Assembly_2 in Folder_A that contains Assembly_1 as a sub-assy. Problem...
  14. C

Constraint mistake or bug???

Constraint mistake or bug??? The center point of the circle (in sketch 2) in this example part file has a horizontal constraint to the origin. Can anyone delete this constraint? I've tried the cntl-drag but it doesn't work for me. Is this a bug or should I not...
  15. C

Command Line Window

Command Line Window Coming from ACAD, I miss the command line window at the bottom of the screen. I think this would be a nice feature to add to AD for a number of reasons: You can scroll thru a text log of commands that you have used. You can be...
  16. C

Constraints Shortcut...

Constraints Shortcut... In an assembly, it would be nice if when you right-click over a part and the menu appears, one of the items listed was Constraints. When you select the Constaints command, a list of constraints for that part would be shown and you...
  17. C

Part in multiple assemblies question.

Part in multiple assemblies question. We have part that is used in multiple assemblies. Is there a way to tell in what assemblies a particular part is used? This would be helpful in quickly determining if a revision made to a part would cause problems with certain...
  18. C

Assembly DOF

Assembly DOF I have seen this mentioned before (post from 2004) but this is my version: What if in an assembly drawing, when you right-click on a part and get the pop-up menu, a command on the menu was DOF. Select DOF and a geometric icon...
  19. C

Question - Is anyone using configs for part revisions?

Question - Is anyone using configs for part revisions? Do you think this is a good way to go for part revisions, especially if you are not using the repository? Are there any disadvantages?
  20. C

Configurations in a drawing - not working

Configurations in a drawing - not working I have a part that has two configurations. Config #2 has two extra tap holes. I have created a drawing file from config #2 that details the part with the 2 extra tap holes. I close the drawing and when I reopen it Alibre says...