What's new

Search results

1. K

Printing properly scaled images?

Aha! That did it... thanks....
  2. K

How are 'ya doing it? Printing directly from Alibre? Anything special in terms of settings? I've tried exporting in every format available that Photoshop can read, and the scaling is not correct. A direct print also didn't result in proper scaling. I'll look in the printer setup, but if...
  3. K

Version 9.1 Upgrade Report

There are a few things that still make me scratch my head in Alibre, but in general I've had less trouble with "unexpected features" in this package than pretty much any other complex software application. I won't say its perfect in my experience - but it sure as heck isn't bad!
  4. K

Printing properly scaled images? Ok, this one is a bit odd.... I've got a couple of models that I want to be able to print onto some stock and then apply to actual parts. For example, let's say I have a disc that has a series of holes to be drilled into it...
  5. K

Is there a free viewer?

Thanks... didn't see it.
  6. K

Is there a free viewer?

Is that still available? It doesn't appear so from the front page - there is talk of a demo but not the Express that was available before.
  7. K

Is there a free viewer?

Is there a free viewer? for Alibre files? Solidworks has one... wondering if there is one for Alibre.....
  8. K

Holes, holes and more holes...

The problem with the hole tool is that if the hole starts ABOVE the surface then nothing gets drilled at all! At least that's what it (repeatedly) did to me. It appears that the hole tool requires that the hole start on a planar solid in order for it to drill - even if you specify a depth (and...
  9. K

Aha - so the hole tool isn't the right thing to use here..... :D Here's what happens when you try to use the hole tool - note that only part of the near surface is broached!
  10. K

Hole tool. Just tried it with extrude boss and it does what you'd expect. That's what I get for trying to use the hole tool eh? :) Most of my frustrations thus far with Alibre seem to revolve around (pun intended) the hole tool stuff..... holes moving, dimensions not holding, holes...
  11. K

Ok, how'd you make it do that? :shock: I went bug-eyed last evening attempting that.....I couldn't get the hole to drill all the way through - or drill at all if I was offset a bit too high!
  12. K

http://www.alibre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10288#10288 This is an illustration of the problem - both planes are there, but attempting to drill a hole in the offset one (the intersection of it and the solid surface is roughly where I want the hole) either doesn't drill anything due to being...
  13. K

Holes, holes and more holes... Drawings for the discussion on that topic....
  14. K

Where do I stick the file (I don't see a way to attach one here)?
  15. K

That's turning into an exercise in frustration as well. I have no problem getting the second plane defined, but actually getting the hole to be drilled THROUGH the surface is another matter! If the point on the plane is above the first surface, the hole isn't drilled at all. If its below...
  16. K

Aha. Will give that a shot... sounds like it would work...
  17. K

Holes, holes and more holes... There are just some holey things that I'm having trouble figuring out :) I've got a part that has a bottom chamfered. That's fine. I want to drill holes parallel to the chamfer through the part offset from the edge. The idea...
  18. K

Extruded groove for O-ring - "thick line"

Will do - thanks!
  19. K

That makes sense - the offset command was what I was missing..... thanks!
  20. K

Sure. Here's a simplfied example... (easier to understand since there's only the problem area.....) I first draw a square, and extrude a boss. I now have a solid. I then inscribe a square inside the original, and radius the corners. I then inscribe another square around that. These...