What's new

Search results

1. D

Constrain turnbuckle ends in assembly

I have simple turnbuckle (sp?) model that I wish to add into a larger assembly, though I am running into constraint problems due to the span forming a diagonal across two points. I have tried enabling make parts flexible in the turnbuckle assembly in order to free up unconstrained DOFS and...
  2. D

create a separate duplicate of a part

I have a an assembly that I want to use as a starting point for another model I want to build. To this end, I want to create copies of the parts with all of the configurations intact, that are separate and unique copies of the originals. I have run into part conflict problems in Alibre v11 and...
  3. D

part interference in assembly

part interference in assembly I have a sub-assembly that is part of a larger assembly. When I check for interference, Alibre highlights two parts that are suppressed in the sub-assembly. I checked the assembly tree and the wireframe and these phantom parts do...
  4. D

problem with assembly

problem with assembly I have created an assembly from a set of sub-assemblies that I put aside. Upon re-opening the main assembly, I found that all instances of a particular sub-assembly contain the wrong parts. I checked the sub-assembly and the parts...
  5. D

Attempt to create dome with rib features

Attempt to create dome with rib features Here are two screen captures of the dome structure I am trying to model.
  6. D

create dome with geometric rib pattern

create dome with geometric rib pattern I want to create a thin shelled dome structure with a geometric rib pattern. I have tried to use an extrusion to cut a hemisphere shell in a pattern, though I am not sure to orient the cut feature. I think I am looking for a way...
  7. D

Exploding assemblies

Exploding assemblies If I have an assembly composed of sub-assemblies, can I explode just the sub-assembly level and not down to individual parts?
  8. D

DOME INTERFERENCE

DOME INTERFERENCE Here are the two plots of the dome structure, I am trying to build.
  9. D

interference problem in assembly of parts

interference problem in assembly of parts I am trying to build a large curved structure (dome) from a small curved tile-shaped part. I run into interference problems when I try to mate/align more than two tiles together. The volume of the interference is small though it...
  10. D

ribbed thin shell structures

ribbed thin shell structures Hello, I have used Alibre for a few weeks now for basic solid structures and now have a more ambitious project that I could use some help on. I have panel structure consisting of two curved surfaces joined with a honeycomb type...