What's new

Search results

1. A

Video Tutorial on Importing & Extruding Text

Video Tutorial on Importing & Extruding Text Hi all, I just completed my very first video tutorial covering the basics on importing text as curves, and then extruding / engraving the text from solids (using the Text Import Wizard, details here...
  2. A

Need info about SWEEP_UV_PARALLEL: Sweep created a surface w

Some users are starting to get this error in v10 with imported curves (text glyphs). Can anyone shed some light on its meaning and what might be causing it? "SWEEP_UV_PARALLEL: Sweep created a surface with parallel u and v (ext)"
  3. A

Parameter App - Powerful push/pull params across multi files

Hi all -- IT'S HERE! :D :D :D I don't have the documentation written for this yet, but I didn't want that to hold it up any longer. It's been a long and windy road getting this thing done, and having a baby in the middle of the development process didn't help it much! :D But now it's here...
  4. A

New Configuration Tool (command line API tool)

New Configuration Tool (command line API tool) Thanks to Woodworks for this one =) Here's a handy little command line tool you can use to list, identify, lock, set, and unlock configurations in an open design session. It's intended for use with macros. Let's see if we can...
  5. A

Best Bet: 3D Drafting rating in Woodworker's Journal mag

Best Bet: 3D Drafting rating in Woodworker's Journal mag Just thought you all would be interested in knowing that Alibre Design was rated Best Bet for 3D drafting in the February '07 issue of Woodworker's Journal. They reviewed a dozen CAD programs under $150 (Xpress meets this criterion)...
  6. A

Paramater App Update; Global Params; Push/Pull Params, PT 1

Paramater App Update; Global Params; Push/Pull Params, PT 1 I realized that my last post last night should have been in a new thread, so apologies for the cross post. I tried to pick a subject that covered what the related threads were discussing. I also noticed that the last message was...
  7. A

Alibre Design Workshop with Sheet Layout

Alibre Design Workshop with Sheet Layout Hi all -- I received an offer for Alibre Deisgn Workshop ("Built for woodworkers, inventors, machinists, and hobbyists...") that comes with Productivity Software's Sheet Layout. Pretty cool... At $500, I'm guessing this is just...
  8. A

RSS feed for My Alibre Design content

RSS feed for My Alibre Design content I'm back! And I have some Alibre-specific RSS feeds now availabe. [edit] These are XML RSS feeds, which are meant to be added to and interpreted by news readers, email clients, or portal pages. They won't look like much if you visit...
  9. A

NEW version of Text Import Wizard now available

NEW version of Text Import Wizard now available Hi all -- I just published a number of updates in the new version of Text Import Wizard, including Unicode character support and powerful text transformations. I also added a few limitations for nonregistered users -- not an easy...
  10. A

Another new API tutorial

Another new API tutorial ...this time in both C#.Net and VB.NET. Details on this thread: http://www.alibre.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2819 Cheers, Alex
  11. A

New: (another) Intro to Alibre API in both C#.NET and VB.NET

Hi all, I wrote this one a while ago but never had a chance to get it online. As always, please help support these efforts by registering my API apps, donating, perusing my site, or just by spreading the word about the applications and tutorials. The tutorial is online at...
  12. A

ADSession.PreviewSnapshot

ADSession.PreviewSnapshot Can you give us some insight on ADSession.PreviewSnapshot? e.g. What it is and how to use it. Thanks Alex
  13. A

New: Tutorial on Building Alibre API Applications

New: Tutorial on Building Alibre API Applications Hi all, I posted a new tutorial to the open API forum. Please check it out and let me know what you think! It's a very beginner level tutorial, so I don't know that you'd all get a lot out of it, but I'd still be interested in...
  14. A

New API Tutorial

New API Tutorial Hi all, pardon the cross-post, but several of you who frequent this area have been asking for a beginner level Alibre Design API tutorial -- so I wanted to be sure you know that I have one available now. Details at this thread...
  15. A

New: Tutorial on Building Alibre API Applications

New: Tutorial on Building Alibre API Applications Hi all, I've been heads-down for a while trying to finish up a rocking horse for my son's second birthday (it's today!). In any case, I wanted to share with you all a tutorial I just finished up on my website. It's a step-by-step...
  16. A

Is anyone else at TechEd in Boston this week?

Is anyone else at TechEd in Boston this week? Hi all, just wondering if anyone else in this group happens to be at Microsoft TechEd in Boston this week. If so, I'd be interested in meeting other Alibre developers and API users. Shoot me a private email if you're in town...
  17. A

Computer/License troubles - any have any advice? Help!

Computer/License troubles - any have any advice? Help! Hi all, I had a helluva time over the past couple of weeks with computer issues. Somehow I hosed my master boot record when trying to update my Linux partition, then I had to "fix an existing installation" of WinXP and now all of...
  18. A

Mirroring a sketch within a part, e.g. imported text

Mirroring a sketch within a part, e.g. imported text Hi all, I don't know if this is something that's pretty simple to do in AD (I'm still new to this stuff), or if it's something I need to add to the Text Import Wizard, but basically the question is this: Is is possible to...
  19. A

2D/3D Point, Polyline, Spline Import Wizard - New Version

2D/3D Point, Polyline, Spline Import Wizard - New Version Hi all, I just published an update for one of my earliest API applications, the Point Import Wizard. Below is a list of additions & changes. Most obvious are updated look & feel, and the named 3D point import support. Thanks to...
  20. A

Uniform Knot Vector Produces Clamped b-Splines

Uniform Knot Vector Produces Clamped b-Splines Hi all, I'm trying to implement a closed b-spline by wrapping the first p control points to the past p points and providing a uniform knot vector to [a_valid_sketch].Figures.AddBspline(). However, it appears that when the curve is...