What's new

Search results

1. R

Design Explore side bar instability

From V(whatever) I have been having problems with items in the Design Explorer with items in the side bar jumping around erratically as I work with it - certainly not a show stopper but very annoying and can result in design errors. Has anybody else experienced this? I suspect it is a dwell...
  2. R

Save As has stopped working

Has anyone else had a problem with "Save As"?
  3. R

Adding a Flange to Bend

Is there a way of adding a Flange to a Bend (as in the frame walls of a conveyor) in GM and then produce a flat drawing for laser cutting? Is it possible with other packages - SW, Inventor and so on?
  4. R

Extrude Cut Problem

Why does Extrude Cut (Extrude 11) not work?
  5. R

Writing on a Bend

I thought I could write on a Bend (700 X 1,000 X 1,000mm radius with Unbend, Extrude Cut the Sketch of the characters and then Rebend. I have tried this but it is not working. I believe that I have done this before but can't find the model. Am I missing something?
  6. R

Suppressing Parts in an Assembly with GD V2014

I previous version, when you Suppressed a Part in an Assembly the Part was greyed out and Constraints removed in Design Explorer. You could restore the Part and Constraints by Unsuppressing the Part. In V2014 the part is removed in Design Explorer and cannot be restored - it is equivalent to...
  7. R

Automatic Check In

GD2013 now has an option of prompt for Check In when saving an item - why not an option for automatic Check In ?
  8. R

GD2013 Crashes in Part Sketch Mode

Since upgrading to GD2013 I have a number of crashes when drawing Lines in Part Sketch mode. It happens when I draw a Line on a Face and the crash is repeated if I restart and repeat the same draw Line on the same Face. This makes me think that it is GD2013 issue. The work-around for this...
  9. R

GD 2013 - where did Import go

Import has gone!
  10. R

Volume of a Vessel

Alibre is good at calculating the volume/mass of a Part or Assembly, Is there a way calculating the internal volume of say a Tank Assembly including agitator, shaft and so on?
  11. R

Default Settings

Is there a way to change the default settings Fillet and Chamfers (and others)?
  12. R

Alibre Viewer and Exchange

Is this in anticipation of the new Viewer or is this a beta group development forum? I note that I don't have permission to participate in this part of the forum - why?
  13. R

Transferring Designs Between Vaults

What is the best way of transferring designs between Vaults and maintain Metadata and Association? I store my designs in Traditional Folders in Vaults for each year. For a few designs there is an overlap in the year of the design. I transfer the progress of the designs to the current year. In...
  14. R

Auto Login for the single user yet again

What is the current status? I am on V6 of M-Files and Auto Login doesn't work even though it is in the Setup options. Does it work with with M-Files V7? Is it still at the point that M-Files claim that Alibre have not implemented the feature and Alibre are silent?
  15. R

Dell XPS L701X

Are there other users using this Dell computer model? I have been using this computer for 4 months and all is good except for 2 small but annoying problems. 1. My Bluetooth mouse ceases to operate after about 30 minutes - reboot the computer and the mouse is operating again - computer controls...
  16. R

3D Printing and Rapid Prototyping

Do any users have experience of using 3D Printing and Rapid Prototyping for part manufacture? I have been out sourcing Rapid Prototyping for design development for some years but have noted that it is now becoming personal (and cheap)! Many of the parts I design are Food Grade and look as...
  17. R

Component Material, Part/Assembly Mass and Centre of Gravity

Alibre needs to lift its game in these related areas. Component Material Currently there are 2 values for Material - : • Design Properties - General - Material which is related to M-files Metadata and the BOM. • Design Properties - Material which is used to calculate Part and Assembly Mass and...
  18. R

Faces not displayed

Since upgrading to V2011 a few weeks ago I have experienced a problem with some faces in an assembly not being displayed. The faces are restore if the part is opened. This is not a show stopper but is annoying. Is this a V2011 thing or is it my computer? Dell XPS 8GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 445M
  19. R

Recovery of 2006 Repository files

I neglected to migrate my 2006 Repository file to Windows/Vault - I now want to recover one of the designs! The Repository file size is 56MB -How can I do this?
  20. R

Teaching English in Corsica?

Czenglish and Corsica - Alibre Vault :!: - there must be some link. I am sure there are some Alibre users who can elaborate :wink: