What's new

Search results

1. Dcrouch9

Limits on the "Elements to Design" upgrade

You can try this but there is no guarantee. Right click on the installation .exe file. Go to properties. When the properties box opens, click on the compatibility tab. Put a check mark where it says "Run this program in compatibly mode for:" Then choose Windows XP (Service pack 3). This...
  2. Dcrouch9

I guess I was confused, You said anybody running XP was locked out. I was making a suggestion on how someone running XP may be able to get the software running.
  3. Dcrouch9

Will it install in XP compatible mode?
  4. Dcrouch9

OnShape - new CAD from SW founders?

It looks to me like they may be taking the same route that Autodesk has with Fusion 360.
  5. Dcrouch9

Renewal again?

Well it's that time again and I have to ask myself if renewal is worth it. From the beta test that's in progress I don't think 3DS is interested in putting too much time and effort into Geomagic. It's just a feeling but I really think they wish all us ex-Alibre people would just go away. I use...
  6. Dcrouch9

3D systems buys Cimatron

Has anybody seen this yet? 3D Systems is buying Cimatron which owns Gibbs Cam. What's that going to mean for us? From what I understand Cimatron is fairly top end cad software. I don't believe it has a large user base in the US but is mostly used in European countries...
  7. Dcrouch9

struggling with 2d drawing

If you just need 2D flat drawings, Draftsight from Dassault is free and it's very close to Autocad.
  8. Dcrouch9

Time to upgrade the CAD?

I personally like Autodesk Inventor. A seat of Inventor with a perpetual license is $7,295. I'm not sure how that compares to SW. I do know it's nowhere near the cost of one of the big 3. That is Catia, Pro-E and Siemens NX.
  9. Dcrouch9

Windows 8

I'm sure this has been brought up before but has anybody been running GMD on Windows 8? I'm in the market for a new laptop to replace my old one and my desktop and Win 8 is pre installed. I guess I could just clean everything off when I get it and reinstall Win 7. Any thoughts?
  10. Dcrouch9

GM Version 16?

I've thought all along they bought Alibre to gear it toward making plastic toys and baubles. Looks like they are going to stick it to us long standing serious design users.
  11. Dcrouch9

GM Version 16?

Verison 16? Is this a Beta?
  12. Dcrouch9

License Key Update

I had let my maint lapse. Just renewed it and could only get one license to work. I contacted support and they fixed me right up. Desktop and laptop licensed.
  13. Dcrouch9

Number of Licenses

Support got me all fixed up! I'm in business. Dana
  14. Dcrouch9

Opening files on the go

Autodesk 360 will let you open and view stp files and it's free. I've got it loaded on my HTC One android phone.
  15. Dcrouch9

Number of Licenses

Are two licenses still the standard or has it been cut to one? I just bought a subscription after letting mine run out. Now I'm trying to do a second installation on my laptop and I'm getting the message that I've reached my limit. When I check my account info it only shows one used.
  16. Dcrouch9

Alibre/Geomagic News

Yep, at least it seemed like we had a "voice" on the forum. Now that it's a big, don't care about the users company, the little Alibre peons just have to live with the crumbs. Face it folks we're just small potatoes. They just wanted the software, not the user base. I don't regret paying for my...
  17. Dcrouch9

Alibre/Geomagic News

I just came back to Alibre/Geomagic due to the subscription offer I just got. I've been away for a while but what I'm reading does not give me a warm fuzzy. If I understand right, Max and others do not participate in the forum any more? I always looked forward to his comments and updates.
  18. Dcrouch9

Just Bought Geomagic Design Expert 2013 & now I am outdated?

That's just what I did. Downloaded the "2014" version, installed and kept right on rolling.
  19. Dcrouch9

2012.47 update - smooth?

Smooth, no problems.
  20. Dcrouch9

$299 maintenance was nice while it lasted

It's time to let this one go...